cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issues with corrupt Connexant ISST audio drivers and flow.exe on a 6 month old machine. The Sound would stop intermitently and when it did work had latency issues. Only a disable/enable ISST Audio sound from device manager would temperarly fix the no sound (not the latency delays) so I got HP to send me a recovery USB flash drive and the problem was finally resolved following a factory reset using the HP Product Revocery USB Drive they sent me.

(HP ENVY X360 15-aq104na running Microsoft Windows 10 x64 and Connexant ISST Audio driver version  9.0.40.1 dated 27/5/17) Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
28 27 0 3
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jesper

Can you please explain how did you manage to prevent flow and mictray from starting up when you boot the notebook,

I'm having great deal of problems with Conexant audio

Many thanks

Estuardo

Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows key / type: msconfig / services tab - can be a solution to stop some services being automatically started when windows starts.

Highlighted
Level 2
28 27 0 3
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Conexant Flow is preinstalled on the HP EliteDesk computers we bought.  It causes CPU and Memory to go to about 99% utilization.  HP should recognize that this is a problem, pre-installed on their computers. 

Highlighted
Level 2
28 27 0 3
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

HP ended up asking to return the notebook and they send me another model free of charge, i guess they know

there is a problem with conexant and windows 10, 

the new model they send me should arrive today, but i can confirm is does not use conexant but realtek

i think will be fine

will update as soon i test the new notebook

Thanks

Estuardo

Highlighted
Level 1
6 5 0 4
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, this is not a serious answer from HP. Please, you are HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 5
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For me uninstalling and reinstalling the Conexant audio driver did not help either. 

However, I managed to resolve the issue on my own as follows: 

Flow.exe usually is installed in the C:\Program Files\Conexant\Flow directory. The respective uninstall command line that I found in the Windows Registry of my HP computer is "C:\Program Files\Conexant\Flow\Setup64.exe -U -IFlowSetup".

By executing this uninstall command in a command line box, i was able to remove the persistent and nasty Flow.exe related error messages while maintaining the Conexant ISST audio driver functionality.

Hope this helps! 

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation