Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Same Problem, Also brought recently the same laptop like you from costco.com, same issues, audio driver disapperas after some time, the only way to get it back is rebooting, which is very frustrating. no help in uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver. It keeps popping up again again.

VK

HP Recommended

Hi @VK18,

Good day and thanks for reaching out.   I see that you require assistance with audio issues. I will be a delight to assist you here.:)

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a recent software or Windows 10 update?

For now please perform these steps:

• Windows Audio is a Windows service that manages audio for Windows-based programs. If at all this service is stopped due to any reason, audio devices will not function properly.
    To fix audio services, open the run command and launch services.msc.
  • In the services window search for Windows Audio and right-click on it to select Start to start the audio service.
  • And ensure the Startup Type is set to Automatic.
  • Click Apply and OK.

Restart the computer and check if it works.

If the issue persists, try the steps mention on this link: Click here.

If the problem continues, please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then check if the situation has been corrected.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Same happened to me month ago and still no solution from HP! 
By a chance I discovered following work around - it is not "a solution" but more helpful than the tons of smiley's from a HP employee in this post.

After the Conexant audio driver was removed from my laptop due some "security issue" inumerous times I observed that it did not happen when connected to internet via wifi "Connection as Metered" in my second home where I use metered connection to avoid Windows updates which consume a lot of MB on my paid data. So I suspected that it was some Windows update algorithm which was removing the  driver. This I found confirmed on a HP page, where they recommend to install a new driver to resolve this issue - but Windows continues removing this driver too.
So the solution was blocking Windows updates. This can be done for Ethernet connection also: Connection as Metered www.howtogeek.com/226722/how-when-and-why-to-set-a-connection-as-metered-on-windows-10/

It is really annoying that HP even after a month has not addressed this issue and for sure lots of people are wasting time finding a solution. I am very disappointed to have bought  HP Probook 440 G4, it is too new to throw it away. It is not the only one audio issue I had to solve.

I my second home, where I use wifi connection, I have Bluetooth speakers which got disconnected unpredictably in a similar way as above. After reinstalling Audio and BT drivers all the time and no improvement I discovered, that it did not happen in my first place, where I use Ethernet connection. The solution was to disable WIFI. Later I red somewhere, that there really is a BT/WIFI issue on audio. Surprisingly this phenomenon disappeared after a month (some automatic update?) to make place the Conexant audio driver novel.
HP Recommended

Hi @tcng,

Welcome to the HP support forums. I reviewed the post.

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Hope this helps. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For what its worth, it seems that I lose the Conexant Audio after I have connected to Bluetooth Audio...

HP Recommended

They need to escalate this entire issue. MANY of us are having the same problem with no solution provided from HP at this point. Every troubleshooting path is a waste of time. Some say they lose audio while using bluetooth. With 2 HP Envy X360 PC's in one month I have lost my audio no matter what I am doing--or not doing. Updating to latest driver is  a failed option. Updating the BIOS does not fix the issue. When I ran the hardware check prior to boot to test the speakers, per the HP support tech's instructions they passed just fine.

Rebooting or closing the lid and then re-opening it are the only fixes. 

I already returned one machine to the Microsoft Store, who simply decided it was a hardware issue and exchanged it. If this issue is not fixed I would imagine a substantial number of machines will be returned to HP.

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/document/c05519670

The antivir deletes the mictray64.exe file

HP Recommended

Have HP ProBook 440 G4 with audio problem, installing the new driver SP80320 did not resolve theproblem. As stated in my post.

HP Recommended

@ourgangmn wrote:

"They need to escalate this entire issue. MANY of us are having the same problem with no solution provided from HP at this point. Every troubleshooting path is a waste of time...."

I am in total agreement with you. Updating drivers, BIOS,... it's just a waste of time! Here I'm too, waiting [im]patiently a real solution from HP. I was expecting a reliable, solid laptop from such an experienced manufacturer!!  I would really  appreciate a statement from HP explaining what the problem is and they are going to do about it.

By the way, "Event viewer" shows an overwhelming number of errors of all types, some of them related with sound.

HP Recommended

Please add me to the list of users suffering the same problem.  I have an HP Envy x360 15-aq100, purchased 4 weeks ago from HP.com.  I've attempted to use HP Recovery Manager to re-install the Conexant HD audio driver, which runs successfully to re-install the driver, but after a couple of hours, the audio device disappears again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.