Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-da0078ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After installing the May update on my computer the HP Audio Control application has stopped working and shows a message that my computer is not compatible with the application.

audio1.JPG

In addition, before connecting the headphones, the previous volume was automatically put on and when removing them the equipment was muted but not now.

This was configured in the app but I can not enter to configure it.

Thank you so much.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rpadilla_nub,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

Here is how it is done.

Download link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @The_Fosette,

I've tried what you say, I've also downloaded the latest driver for my PC on the HP website and it still does not work.

The last driver is for version 1809 of Windows 10 and I have the 1903 version, I think the problem is that a driver has not yet been released for this version of Windows.

Thank you for all.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@rpadilla_nub,

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
  3. Double-click the category with the device you want to update.
  4. Right-click the device, and select the Update Driver option.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

The device manager tells me that there are not new drivers and the correct ones are already installed.

Thnak you for all.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@rpadilla_nub,

I suggest you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.