Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 j017ei
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have a 17 inch HP ENVY j017ei. This model was launched with Win 8 and had sound like out of the world when the beats audio used to work on it. Then I updated it to Win 8.1 and kaboom the beats audio driver went missing and the sound in all movie and audio files became too low. Because I used headphones/microphones mostly that time and also because I used to suspect the audio and video files so I always thought the audio driver is not to blame and the audio/video file was to blame. But actually when I played without headphones, i.e. on speakers then all files still play with super low volume. I thought what the heck and installed Win 10 thinking win 10 will resolve the issue automatically but it did not. the sounds are still super low.

So I referred and followed a solution on this page(https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-audio-software-missing-after-I-installed-windows-...) which was mentioned as solved by many people but it did not help my issue. I still do not have beats audio driver and the audio video files on this super computer still sound like meh! I feel that i should not even turn the speakers on and am better to use it muted all the time. How to get beats audio back on win 10 64 bit now?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would see if the W10 IDT w/Beats audio driver from a newer model notebook works on yours as well.

Restart the PC after installing the driver.   That would be the only suggestion I can offer.

6.10.6492.0    Jul 17, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, however the response proved fruitless. The sound is still feeble even with this driver, plus there was no additional icon that started showing up under control panel with this driver. The original driver had a separate red and black audio control interface in control panel back in Win 8. This one changed nothing unfortunately. Having an Envy and such untested software upgrades/release is not something that an Envy user would expect. Also a beats audio based notebook/laptop is bought by people who have a taste in music so upgrade of OS must have ensured that the beats audio experience for such machines remains intact. Infact I would have kept it in primary user acceptance tests since the notebook shows a red beats audio icon on the panel of the notebook indicating it is a feature of this notebook to sound great, but it does not even sound normal.  

An Envy is supposed to make others envy of us as far as I know but this one is not even its own self-respect now. Why HP Why?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.