Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Beats audio panel.

Advanced Settings tab.

Bottom.

"Volume Control Direction\nChoose which...increase..."

Changing radio button doesn't make a difference.

Any solution?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The following software updates were suggested. Try these out and let me know what results you get 🙂

@ja___ HP Software Framework version 4.6.10.1

HP Quick Launch Software version 2.70

@mas2112 HP Software Framework version 4.6.10.1

There was not a Quick Launch software version listed for Windows 8, but if the Software Framework doesn't do the trick you could try the Quick Launch Software for Windows 7.

@oxsolid HP Software Framework version 4.6.10.1

HP Quick Launch Software version 2.70

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

Does anyone know if this could be happening because a service has been stopped or prevented from running?

HP Recommended

I have an Envy 15t-3200, and I have this problem as well. I dove into this problem a bit further, and this volume wheel direction radio button changes the "VolumeJogDialDirection" registry entry at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch" and the "BeatsOSDRotateDirection" entry at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP On Screen Display". So the GUI does the job correctly, by updating the registry entry. However, it seems that the software or driver controlling the volume wheel simply ignores this value. Anyway, this is definitely a bug in somewhere in the HP software. Although this is a small bug, I find the default volume control direction counter-intuitive.

HP Recommended

I have ENVY 15 3090ca, and it was totally fine for the first half a year. Then it started changing it to default setting, which is not intuitive at all, so every time i restart the computer, i had to change it. Sent it for a repair, and that still didnt fix the problem. And now it completely ignore the setting and it is incredibly annoying!

HP really needs to address this issue!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello cmihov,

You’re not able to save the sound settings.

Go into device manager and uninstall the IDT audio and restart the computer.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver for the audio.

Check to see if everything is working correctly.

If not, go to HP.com and update the BIOS and the IDT audio.

Here is a link to the updates.

If the repair center did not run a recovery on the laptop you might try it.

Here is a link that will walk you through the steps to perform a recovery.

A recovery will put the computer back to day one, when you opened it out of the box.

Let me know how everything goes

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have tried everything you mentioned and HP repair center told me they updated the BIOS and restored the laptop to its initial factory state.

None of the things help. I go to Beats set up window and try to hange the direction of the wheel, and nothing changes.

HP Recommended

Did you update any of the HP software or drivers? Maybe a newer version broke this feature. This feature has never worked for me. It's probably a small bug that HP is too lazy to fix.

Out of curiousity, does this feature work for anyone?

HP Recommended

I think it started after I updated the BIOS, but I might be wrong. It all started with initial problem of no sound coming out, then this. The sound is fine now, but the volume rocker isnt.

HP Recommended
Oh and now my bluetooth doesnt pick up any of the devices. Seems like I constantly have to tinker with something with this laptop
HP Recommended

So the volume wheel works, but you can't change the direction, right? Same here. To be honest, I think we just have suffer through it. It was annoying at first, but I just got used to it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.