Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 360 15 bq150na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I’m not happy, in fact I’m well pissed off……….

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with latency issues. The laptop I’m using is more than capable of running Traktor Pro 3 but from the second I start playing tracks I’m getting popping and crackling noises. 

https://youtu.be/k2CxEYiMS_A

I’ve worked with the guys at Native Instruments and followed all the tips and advice they have given me but nothing has worked. They suggested going to HP the manufacture of the laptop and see what they say. Again they have also been unable to find a fix for this issue.

Latency Mon is telling me that Driver files: Wdf01000.sys , ACPI.sys , dxgkrnl.sys , ntoskrl.sys are causing me the most problems. (See Photos) 

ZXLx2LUitbOilze0cr_0zg.pngOEcZjocRifgYGLILmQ5Epg.png

Some of the stuff I have tried includes, All the optimisation tips from NI, Reinstalling windows 4 times now. Updating all the drivers in the machine, Updating the BIOS, Only having Traktor program on the machine nothing else. Disabling the network adapters, Disabling dynamic tick, Power optimisation, 

All of this has been going on now for about 2 months and I’ve had enough pissing about.

Can anyone offer any more advise before I pack up all this gear and sell it on for something else.

My laptop HP Envy 360 15-bq150na : https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c05864971 
I’m using a Traktor S4 Mk2 controller and running Traktor Pro 3 software 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Derekjd  Welcome to HP Community!

• Please let me know when you connect the headphones, are you getting popping and crackling noises.
  • Without connecting the Traktor Pro 3, are you getting the same issue from the laptop?

Please perform the power drain and check.

Please remove all the peripherals connected to the computer, then shut down the computer if it is on and then press and hold the power button and F6 key for around 10 seconds.

Also, check for windows updates. If any windows update, please update and check.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already done what you have suggested before (the power drain). The system is also up to date with all windows updates and driver updates. Its difficult to tell if I’m getting the same distortion when using just headphones to listen to audio. I do here some pops and crackles but as the sound quality  via the headphone socket is so  different it’s difficult, but I do hear something.

Today I decided to run a “Latencymon” test with the laptop not playing any audio and just using it to do some browsing. Then when playing audio with the inbuilt system player (Groove Music) and then with the Traktor Dj controller plugged in and using the Traktor Pro 3 software.
The results are quite interesting. I have attached screenshots of the results below.

It appears the system is having Real Time Audio issues all the time regardless of what its doing.

The screenshots below are when the laptop is not playing any audio

Laptop not playing any audioLaptop not playing any audioLaptop not playing any audioLaptop not playing any audio

The screenshots below are when the laptop is playing audio with Groove Music App

Playing Audio Via Groove Muic AppPlaying Audio Via Groove Muic AppPlaying Audio Via Groove Muic AppPlaying Audio Via Groove Muic App

The screenshots below are when the laptop playing audio with my Traktor controller and using Traktor Pro 3 software

Playing Audio With Traktor Controller And SoftwarePlaying Audio With Traktor Controller And SoftwarePlaying Audio With Traktor Controller And SoftwarePlaying Audio With Traktor Controller And Software

Any more help yo can offer would be much appreciated as Native Instruments cant help me anymore and are now sugesting that I change my laptop for a Mac Book. which I'm not willing to do.

HP Recommended

@Derekjd

Thank you for the update.

It looks like a hardware issue, I recommend you contact HP phone support to check the available service options for the computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.