Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv7 - 4166sf
Microsoft Windows XP

Regards to all!!!
------------------------------
Nick-011

hp pavilion dv7 - 4166sf
NEED HELP !!!
Respect !!!
I have one request to help me somehow, meet, or I sell this laptop.
OK,I 'm not started very well:-),so here follows:
In fact some time ago, so there is no 3 months, I bought this laptop
Model (hp pavilion dv7 - 4166sf) from Professor of Informatics, although I paid, used by about 70% of the price of a new same one.
I have a few problems, but before I start to enumerate them, I would say a few other things.
This exposure could take a little longer.
First, the laptop is in a fantastic condition and is good, as stated in the specifications, But there is one big "BUT"

1) I'm no slave to the operating system or an abnormally fast graphics, etc.
     what is good, it's aluminum cover, processor, hard disk, ram memory,
     and of course LOGO THAT LIGHT JUST LIKE "MAC".
     Here's how: More about 7 or more years of dealing with music on musical applications,
     starting from small DJ program, through to very serious Ableton Studio program, which is why I
     of course i bought this laptop third. And these are music apps I've been gathering 7 years, pay attention
     exclusively for the [WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL XP SP2]

2) I want to use this laptop in a very professional purposes, because I'm not a kid from ... years,
     i'm not interested for games, various Bluetooths and WiFi, and I'm not crazy for these ATI graphics chip special.
     which mean that i'm only care for professional engagement in music, which is why I bought this laptop.
     It is sad that on Windows XP, my old laptop "FUJITSU" model do not want to advertise, which had
     Intel celeron 460m single-core processor at 1.87 GHz, has a better sound than this "wonder of LAPTOP"
     I would ask you also that before you read this, do not make any conclusions or suggestions to
     take it to the Windows 7 or 10th

---------------------------------------------------------
     Competition to "Mac" probook etc., "is too vain gentlemen"
     Microsoft and PC, there are a lot longer and uses them a larger number of the world's population than the Mac, be assured.
     This is true for Microsoft, and for other brands, "Stop that mimics the Mac because you are BETTER".
     This particular laptop is excellent, but on Windos 7 OS 4 GB Ram memory, and if you subtract 2 GB of ATI chip
     you are left with only 2 GB of RAM., which on the  Windows 7 may present problems around the heavier musical applications,
     simple, hut, buging, etc ...
     Believe me, I bought two years ago a new desktop and has (or) drivers for Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8
     Now ,why I use the [WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL XP SP2], but I use it because these powerful computers
     listen carefully "FLY" on Windows XP. and the musical programs on it.
     So I do not want Windows 7 or 10 than XP SP2 and for professional work.
     Many serious people you would say the same.

---------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 will definitely be installed to surf the net and because of the beautiful graphics, but not due
    efficiency, it is true that there are many advantages, alone driver on it, etc.,
    but XP SP2 is much faster and easier to use simpler, however, believe a lot of things better.
    Ok here can continue discussions indefinitely, the question is just selection,
    I choose a Windows XP SP2.
    Otherwise I have not moved on problems yet but soon I will.

3) As I intend to make multi boot system with Windows 7 and Windows XP SP2
      I encounter the following problems:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Windows XP SP2 with integrated sata raid driver and various KB installers, Net Framework 3.5 SP1
    I have all of the drivers for this model.So help me to the following items:
                                     ------------------------------------------
    The irony is that I do not have a bass for music control panel, equalizers
    I can not adjust the balance and the rest, the driver is installed, but miserable,
    more miserable is that shrinks and sound like something out of a barrel.
    On one occasion when installing about 10 hours only driver over 150 applications I managed
    to install a music control panel in Widows XP program
    - Control panel and classic View-
    I will deal with this computer whole 2 months, day and night and nothing, nada, zero, nix, 0.

Therefore ask you to give me the appropriate guidance on how seriously I could work with him
    I think on the audio drivers, Control panel, equalizers FOR WINDOWS XP SP2,

OR I will unfortunately have to change for some worse other brand model, but that will handle
    ends and do the job, but I would be sorry for this beautiful the Aluminium Laptop with shiny logo.
    "I5" processor, etc ...
Advance thanks, your HP user, many greetings and I hope that you will be able to help me, on such a tiny
     and benign little problem for you experts.

BEST REGARDS!!!
   --------------------

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Nick-011,

I did ask you for the computer's model#. Thanks for the quick response. I understand that IDT audio is missing.

Please check this link out and see if you could download the driver from here and install it.

First, uninstall the previous IDT audio driver and then do not restart the computer.

Then download and install the driver from this link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_112039_1&swEnvOid=4058#tab5

I hope this does the trick for you and the issue gets resolved without hassles. 🙂 Please keep me informed about it.

Trust me I've done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello@Nick-011,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in multiple issues on the PC. I will definitely help you.

I was able to check for the specifications of the PC and found that the PC came with the Windows 7 operating system.

I also understand that you want to change the operating system back to Windows XP which no longer is supported by Microsoft and its hardware manufacturer partners like HP.

I would still recommend you to just continue using windows 7 or you may even try updating the operating system to Windows 10 and check if that works well for your requirements.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello again !!!
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
I'm afraid that there has been a misunderstanding,
No, I do not want to continue with Windows 7 OS, and with 10 especially do not want
I had installed windows 10, i repeat, pale copy of Mac OS
Windows 7 I will definitely use the Internet but not for work, making it difficult to work
in certain musical applications.
Now it's Windows 7, or 10 for 2 years will be Windows 12 I don't know, and so on in indefinitely.
I remember when I first used the Windows OS as well as Windows 2000, the same
talked to XP Professional to upgrate,fromthe XP 2 to Vista.
Not enough with that madness, and madness.
Remain on Windows XP SP2 as the primary OS, and Windows 7 as a reserve that is as a Mascara.
Misunderstanding may have occurred because I was not the best expression
The problem is IDT Audio manager, it is in its control panel,
Once I managed to somehow find or set up, but can not remember how,
2 days because I'm a little bit of everything installed on it,
Ok I understand you completely, and Microsoft to, if so ordered, then this is it!
In the sense that it does not support more Windows XP, and it's OK, and to us customers
remains whether we will have to accept and enter the race without winners
or remain in their, use outdated OS and machine, and if necessary, even without the Internet.
Computers are there that we do the work and do what we tell  them to do, not vice versa.
If you can not find you to the appropriate solution, then this is all nonsense.

HP Recommended

Hey@Nick-011,

Thanks for the response.

Please elaborate the issue related to the IDT audio manager in order to understand the issue correctly.

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Greeting the third time !!!
Now I am not able, precise and detailed to elaborate on the problem.
I'm tired and my back hurts from several months of torture with the computer.
Tomorrow I'm going to look in detail to analyze how I'm be able to better
to elaborate and display problem for now all I said,
it is about IDT SOUND manager, it does not exist in the Control panel.
Kind regards, and I can not answer some kind of flag that the problem
more serious when it is not, when I have solved the problem , I will thanked with the flags and songs
and the rest, I apologize if I'm a little rude, but my nerves are loosened from this computer.
None of the technical device does not cause me such a headache like this.
Best regards and see you more 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello again !!!

As you can see, it seems that there is no other way to introduce you to a problem
Apart from this.
I hope that does not expose something that is unacceptable and legally protected.

This is from my desktop Desktop computers

01-Desktop - At The Desktop Computer.jpg

This is -Control Panel from the desktop computer

02-Control Panel at the Desktop Comuter.jpg02-Control Panel at the Desktop Comuter.jpg

And this is the Audio Manager from my desktop computer

03-Audio Menager.jpg

This is my Laptop

04-And this is my Laptop.jpg

And this is my Laptop Desktop 

01-Desktop at the Laptop.jpg

This is IDT application that should be located in the Control Panel of my Laptop

02-IDT - Aplication.jpg

This is the Control Panel My Laptop

03-Mising Audio menager.jpg

Mising Audio menager

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have only these settings for Audio

04-I'm only have this.jpg

I hope that with this photographic depiction pointed
a problem that burdens me.
I also hope that you agree that there is no better elaboration
of the graphic display, a picture is worth 1,000 words, but I am pretty
tired to tell you by 8000+
Best regards !!!

HP Recommended

Hey@Nick-011,

Thanks for the response.

As per the specifications of the product that you had shared, the PC had Windows 7 and the screenshot indicates that the OS is changed to Windows XP.

There are no drivers available because of which the audio control you mentioned, cannot be found.

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello again !!!
-------------------------------------------------- --------
Special to @Resolv_S !!!
-------------------------------------------------- --------
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you, because as I said,
On one occasion I was able to edit "IDT audio manager",
after the installation of 10 hours, it seems to me that I followed the instructions
from your site, forums ... etc
As what I remember it was something ,: paraphrase of Approximately "audio realtek 3d "+ something
all kinds of applications, and I was able to solve the problem, but unfortunately did not preserve this setting as well as windows,
I had to reinstall it, because when I was solved this problem, it was a variant especially for checking
drivers, the system was overloaded and he could not serve for work, but for the test,
When I thought that I had everything figured out and re-installed windows, nothing,
I realized that I was still somewhat overlooked.
Which means, if I once managed to do,to  can function, I just can not figure out how?
So I hope you have a really really professional, because if I am an amateur could enter deep in "Problematic"
then certainly you engineers, programmers, and other experts have someone ,who can actually,
to help me, explain, educate, show the way, for such a small problem in terms of ordinary users and programmers.
But to me very important to solve, I repeat, It's solvable ,one can only be a little bit of effort and engagement, I hope
that there is really something one does, and tries, or just to do the job.
So what is supposed to respond to the post, but do not give any guidance.
OK I said what I had and can't no longer simply to waste my time on the Forum as laptop to.
It seems that because I have not bought a new model from 1000+ of the euro, I am not important
I like to add more this:
Instead of dealing with serious issues in terms of reliable and comprehensive
the machine
and software, you made a thinnest laptop in the world, and thousands of touchscreen ,nonsense they Makeup.
Actually you selling something that only with certain guidelines funkcionese, as like a fish in the aquarium
and  they need certain temperature and light.
Ok I'm selling this ,for which I thought was a good laptop actually ,I will change it for some worse, but I'll find him weaker
which is not as strong as was written and which is easier to handle.But you keep making the thinnest laptops
and other accessories that no one alive is not used, and to actually corrupt computers.
So gentlemen "the secret is to make a simpler computer, even a slow but reliable,
than this charade.
There's a joke with us, "why not be somethig a simple, when can be complicated"
Best regards and I apologize if I offended you in some way and disrespect, but I would not say
company rather than you as an institution, which holds half the world ...
But at the end of the day what we actually get by buying your product " Bluetooths" phone rather than a computer
video games, instead of computers, cameras and chat instead of real life and socializing, and when necessary for something useful to work on it
Then the problems start, as if someone else made computers for you when you can not solve these things.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------

Thank you very much for taking the at all those few minutes for me, the way things are ,and it made me wonder.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------
Many greetings to all of you there, who have some income and employees are here, and actually works for on-time but not on performance.
After they say of how in the countries where these products are created, is a lot of work.:-)

Many regards to @Resolv_S !!!
Take care buddy

HP Recommended

Hi @ Nick-011,

I reviewed the case. I also would require more information regarding this to assist you. 

• Please provide the complete moedl# of the unit.
  • Is the operating system  32 bit or 64-bit windows XP Pro?

Thanks and Have a great day. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello to a Mr. DavidSMP !!!
-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
Thanks for somebody noticed my post, and actually analyzed.
My OS is Windows XP SP2 (32-bit)
I'm sorry that I was rude and what may have been too strong criticism on account already specified.
Please forgive me, but I gave up on finding a solution.
I just can't anymore, I'm  wasted too many time and nerves for this computer
so now you understand 'why I reacted in that way,
I would never allow myself to me so i passions lead me to write something as I wrote yesterday,
and all this, is due to fact several months of engagement on this computer.
Do not blame me ,it is wonderfully with your hand, you're not disqualify me,
but I give up for now, at least for a while, I can't simply deal with this problem.
The problem is the way it is, and I have to face it and accept it,
simply can no longer respond to posts, and even as I see ,de're very kind for your side.
So all in all, I give up, at least for now ,so that we'll see again for a few months again.
Thank you again and best regards to the whole team !!!
Nick-011

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.