Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0060no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have a audio/speaker problem. "No audio device is installed" it says. You can´t listen with wired headphones either.  I have tried to reinstall the "Realtek Audio" with no success. Tried to update it and so on. Tried the troubleshooter but don't know what the problem is. Also tried  to thru HP harware diagnostics. But it couldn´t run a test at all.

Thanks for all help. Go Rangers!

Printsc n01. 

JokerJudas_0-1654169842874.png

JokerJudas_1-1654170104010.png

EDIT: 

printscr 3

JokerJudas_0-1654170767695.png

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Can anyone help me out? Would really appreciate it. 

Best regards 

Per

HP Recommended

@JokerJudas

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd be happy to help.

Did you try with a headset?

Right click on speaker icon which is on the bottom right of the screen, go to  sound and under play back, select system speakers. Set as default and ok.

If the issue persists, install the latest audio drivers: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ap0000-x360-convertible-pc/23238155/m...

Let me know if this helps.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

Thanks for you reply.

Bluetooth speakers works, but not wired headphones/headset.

I went to the driver download section and the screening tool found this and I'm downloading it right now.

JokerJudas_0-1654671175428.png

When I right click on the speaker I see this for audio settings. Can't find any output external units or speakers. 

JokerJudas_1-1654671376047.png

HP Recommended

Downloading all the audio drivers now and will see what happens.

JokerJudas_0-1654671998300.png

HP Recommended

Sure, do keep us posted 🙂

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

I downloaded all drivers but it still don't work. I can connect to Bluetooth speaker. But not wired speakers.

Also tried HDMI conncetion to my TV but no sound at all. 😟

HP Recommended

Ok please install the softpaq from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-spectre-13-ap0000-x360-convertible-pc/23238155/model/2963682...

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I installed it now and restart. Unfortunately it's no difference 😕 Any other ideas? CAn I download Windows 11? Windows update has an update ready. Have a good one!
HP Recommended

Let's do a driver rollback:

Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard. Select Device Manager. Expand Audio driver. Double-click Realtek audio driver. Select the Driver tab. Click Roll Back Driver to restore.

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.