Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello @CesarRod 

@CesarRod wrote:

Hello... Thanks a million... This worked for me.

You're welcome ...

Please repeat the procedure a create screenshots of each step so @JokerJudas can do it also.

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

@CesarRod @Ub6424

Thanks for info🙏

Glad that it worked out for you @CesarRod. I will give it a try soon and report. 

If you have the energy to put up some printsceens it would be dope. 

HP Recommended

Bad news... Sound is working... But no microphone. Kind of a needed feature with video conferencing and stuff.

Any suggestions on how to get that working?

HP Recommended

@CesarRod wrote:

Bad news... Sound is working... But no microphone. Kind of a needed feature with video conferencing and stuff.

Any suggestions on how to get that working?

(1) Open windows device manager

- open <Sound, video and game controllers>

- Double click the installed audio device to show the properties

or

Right click the installed audio device and choose <properties> in the sub menu

ub6424_0-1657455476754.png

(2) screenshot every tab and send it

HP Recommended

Ok I'm working on it right now.

I have extracted the files from the SST download.

When I'm looking in the device manager and scroll down to "Intel Smart sound teknik OED" I found a error there and when I click on "properties" it shows.

JokerJudas_0-1657457373178.png

"

Den här enheten kan inte starta. (Kod 10). Translate=This device can't start. Code 10.

Failed to load external libraries.

What does it mean with external libraries?

HP Recommended

How do I Install the SST driver ? I have extract it but it just a bunch of files in the map

JokerJudas_0-1657458045239.png

HP Recommended

@JokerJudas wrote:

How do I Install the SST driver ? I have extract it but it just a bunch of files in the map

Here you can read and see how to update the driver locally with a driver package that contains a INF file:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-update-drivers-in-windows-2619214

Do this with the device <Intel(R) Smart Sound-teknik OED / Intel HD Audio Bus Driver>

HP Recommended

Thanks for info,

It didn't worked says: "Windows found drivers to the device, but a problem occured when it installed. 

This device can't start code 10.

JokerJudas_0-1657459769767.png

HP Recommended

Try this:

- Right click and uninstall the device

- reboot windows

- open device manager again and check

HP Recommended

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it's game now. I think I feel some tears falling down. Thank your for all help. Really good!

I tried the step above but didn't worked. I did it again but with some freestyle before restart.

1.  Went back to device systems. 

2. Right click on the OED and choosed unistall

JokerJudas_0-1657461663616.png

4. clicked on the text in blue " Drives after devices" and unistall the OED from there.

5. Then back to device manager/systems and choosed "scan for hardware changes"

6. Restart computer

7. Back in business.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.