Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After windows 10 upgrade to version 2004 to my HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0003na, I noticed no sound and a red cross on the speaker icon.

Both trouble shooters Windows/HP indicate "no devices found" (speakers or microphone) and no realtec entries in device manager, however UEFI Diagnostics produce sound from the speakers without problems.

I have downloaded and installed the latest bios and sound drivers without success. 

I can get sound using a bluetooth sound bar but not plug  in headphones. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fixed - whilst waiting for advice I continued with my research,

in Device Manager I discovered a little yellow triangle against the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED

entry, just updating the driver did nothing, but deleting the device (AND deleting driver software) then restarting cured the problem. (it took a couple of minutes after the restart.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Fixed - whilst waiting for advice I continued with my research,

in Device Manager I discovered a little yellow triangle against the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED

entry, just updating the driver did nothing, but deleting the device (AND deleting driver software) then restarting cured the problem. (it took a couple of minutes after the restart.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.