Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

System Model HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx

My audio input and output disappeared after a windows 11 update yesterday.  It previously had Realtek, but now this does not even appear in the sounds, video and game controllers tab. Only the headphones and speakers are listed and say they are not connected.

I have spent hours troubleshooting today, tried every diagnostic, read forums, and have no solution.  It seems bluetooth is still working, but not my laptop inbuilt speakers or microphone.  The headphone jac also doesnt work.

I have all the latest microsoft updates and optional updates, I installed the intel update as per another post, but still audio isnt working. I have looked for a realtek audio driver but cant find one that is compatible.  HP website only lists compatible drivers for windows 10, not 11.  Hopefully someone has a solution or can give me a link for a driver to install.  

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've deleted my previous suggestion as I hadn't tried it.

Update: several more hours of fiddling and fretting later and I HAVE FIXED IT!! 

All the tips and suggestions I read and was given were pointing me to the wrong device drivers for my issue.  For me, it was the Intel Smart Sound Technology  (Intel (R) SST) OED, way way down the Device Manager list, under System Devices, which was displaying a tiny yellow warning triangle.  I updated that driver (it was found automatically) and my sound is back on.

I hope this will help someone else.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

I've deleted my previous suggestion as I hadn't tried it.

Update: several more hours of fiddling and fretting later and I HAVE FIXED IT!! 

All the tips and suggestions I read and was given were pointing me to the wrong device drivers for my issue.  For me, it was the Intel Smart Sound Technology  (Intel (R) SST) OED, way way down the Device Manager list, under System Devices, which was displaying a tiny yellow warning triangle.  I updated that driver (it was found automatically) and my sound is back on.

I hope this will help someone else.

HP Recommended

Excellent find. This driver update fixed the speaker/microphone/headphone jack issue on my HP Spectre x360. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Also tried for hours to resolve this audio problem and followed the advice for the intell smart driver. This driver update fixed the speaker/microphone/headphone jack issue on my HP Spectre x360. Thankyou so much for your fix!!!.

HP Recommended

OMG!  It worked.  Was it really that simple!? I just wasted SOOO many hours just to fix it with just one tiny click of a button!

Thankyou for posting. Solution found!

HP Recommended

You are a lifesaver.  Thank you soo much!  Neither Microsoft nor Windows Tech Support not HP Support helped.

Can't thank you enough 🙏 Have a blessed day!! 

HP Recommended

Perfect! This worked in seconds.  Thanks for sharing your solution and putting in the hard work!!

HP Recommended

I made an account specifically to thank you.

I spent hours searching, updating, and tinkering with my Spectre to fix this issue. I cannot thank you enough for this!!

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Thank you all for your efforts to find a resolution to this. I have spent 12 hours today trying to solve my no sound issue and thanks to you I can now hear sweet music again.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Excellent fix, thank you very much, indeed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.