Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have HP Pavilion DV4 and using Windows Vista Home Premium on it.

Since last week I have a probelm that the volume of the the note book is creasing/decreasing itself automatically even using any program. I have uninstall the quick launch buttons and reinstalled but the problem still there. I am unable to use any multimedia software because of this. I am also unable to copy and pest the text because the pointer is busy in increasing/decerasing volum. The keys also misbehaving and working abnormally some times.

I would appreciate it if some one help me to resolve this.

Thanks and waiting.

Syed

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

same problem on d7...  bumping all posts so that HP may take notice.....

HP Recommended

Ditto, same problems with my dv7 laptop. Finally, I just had to disable my audio totally. At least with "disabled" sound, I'm able to use the laptop without the black volume bar blocking the view on my screen.

HP Recommended

How do you disable sound completely?  Mute is insufficient.  Still get the bar. 

It would stink to be completely without sound.... but this is just getting more upsetting.  Every couple of seconds the bar pops up and disrupts whatever I'm doing.  It popped up 5 times while I typed these sentences.

HP Recommended

its getting my nurves.....:)(.. if anybody find any solution pls let me know. thanks and waiting for the solution bcz i did all the aspects....sj

@donnijean wrote:

same problem on d7...  bumping all posts so that HP may take notice.....

HP Recommended

I have sent a msg to HP but no yet reponse......waiting for thier reply for solutions. sj

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HDX 16 1160US. The wireless has also been interrupted simultaneous with this problem sometimes. The problem is intermittent and will commence even when the computer is idle.

HP Recommended

Well the way i did it was uninstalling Hp MediaSmart Menu something that's how i got rid of it

HP Recommended

my dv7 is doing the same thing and its driving me nuts i had to disable my mediasmart to get rid of the black bar but it still does it. i need help and fast im trying everything.

HP Recommended

Same problem on the compaq 6530b - volume will randomly increase to max volume. When this happens, it won't let me decrease it manually, and it slows down my whole system.

Yesterday when I returned from lunch the computer had mysteriously gone to max volume on its own. Even rebooting twice didn't fix it. When this happened, I was unable to download email attachments.  After about an hour, the problem just disappeared.

Anyone know why or how to fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.