Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY TS 17 Notebook

How can I restore my Beats audio to its normal condition after installing Microsoft 10 Creators Update?

Microsoft 10 Creators Update installed itself on my ENVY notebook today. Now the audio is weak and tinny. I can barely hear the sound and it lacks bass. I followed all the troubleshooting suggestions and tests and they indicate the speakers are fine and the test sounds are loud and clear. But in the end, when I stream audio, I cannot hear it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @pegeisen,

Reinstalling proper drivers should fix the issue.  

To help you find the right drivers, Please reply to this post with complete Model and Product Number of your Notebook

Click the below link for a guide on locating this information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @pegeisen,

Reinstalling proper drivers should fix the issue.  

To help you find the right drivers, Please reply to this post with complete Model and Product Number of your Notebook

Click the below link for a guide on locating this information:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Model Number 17-jl53cl

Product # F9MO9UA

I fixed the problem by uninstalling IDT audio then reinstalling it from the product page-

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-touchsmart-17-j100-notebook-pc-series/54257...

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @pegeisen

Iam happy that the issue got fixed :generic:

All the Best !!!     Thanks for being a member !

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Model: Envy 17 Leap Motion SE NB

Same experience as reported by pegeisen - weak, tinny audio output after installing Windows 10 Creators update.

Followed same procedure and reinstalled IDT High Definition driver from:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17-j100-leap-motion-ts-se-notebook-pc-serie...

which fixed the problem

Thanks for your help great to have quality audio output back.

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @dubhtalla

If you are happy with the help you received share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution

You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Where do I find the site that will allow me to download the correct audio drivers for my HP Envy TS 17 Notebook

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as others. No Beats Audio after Creators Update. We have an HPENVY Recline TS 27-k150xt 

Product number is E7N94AV#ABA

The links given for the notebooks won't install. Any help will be much appreciated.

HP Recommended

It is disgraceful that HP does not give a fix that works for my HP Envy and Beats Audio. The sound is the crappiest I have ever heard and no installing of the latest driver makes the Beats Audio pael come back.

HP Recommended

I think the problem is that Apple has bought out Beats audio and they have no incentive to fix a HP or Microsoft problem. So we are stuck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.