Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Aero 13.3 inch Laptop PC 13-be0000 (3B3W5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Recently (I do not use ZOOM often), I found that no-one hears me in ZOOM. We see each other, I can hear other people, but they do not hear me.

Every other communication program works fine. ZOOM works on every other laptop fine. particularly, the company owns a lot of DELLs; all of them never had a glitch.

It may be in the laptop uniqueness: it is the only laptop which is HP, and based on AMD. Something maybe wrong with drivers, or BIOS, so mic input incorrectly responds to how zoom handles the resource.

There is another peculiarity; it is not like it completely does not work. It works for 1 second, then goes deaf. So it can be seen only in Config by volume indicator jumping then going to zero.

Dear support, can you please confirm the problem?

I have both, preinstalled Windows 11, and the laptop itself regularly updated using "Support Assistant", and "Windows Update".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anything else? You should fix the bug, which prevents operation of your and B&O key technology. What I told here is just a workaround by disabling the feature.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The problem was partially solved by disabling the noise cancellation, enabled by default for microphone.

After the recent updates it stopped working correctly, reducing the mic input to zero.

It may be turned off in B&O Audio Control tool.

Without the cancellation the mic starts working... but of course there is no noise cancellation, which is in the important features list. Simply speaking, the claimed feature is not working, and the laptop should be recalled from sales before it is fixed.

HP Recommended

Hello, @Hale_JP 

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device.

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem.

Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP. Our job as moderator is to monitor all traffic on the community.
HP Recommended

Anything else? You should fix the bug, which prevents operation of your and B&O key technology. What I told here is just a workaround by disabling the feature.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hale_JP,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Mic on zoom. I'd like to help!

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

And the message came contained "I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region for assistance...."

What is that? A bot-response!? Japanese support is not an internal driver dev. team! Are you just burying the critical problem in a broken communication; which you try breaking intentionally?

HP Recommended

i have the same issue, once there was update performed on windows 11, the default microphone become not working properly. 

HP Recommended

Turning off the noise cancellation of B&O does the trick. But what gives? It only happened after some windows patch recently. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.