Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Sins i bought my HP Pavilion dv7-7051ea one month ago the internal microphone never worked properly when i try to talk to my friends on Skype or voipwise.I've reinstold  the  mic driver-didn't help.Adjusting the mic settings on control panel didn't help aither.Anibody , please help me to solve the problem.

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Try the steps listed in this document from HP. It has the most common solutions and steps to isolate the issue.

It is possibly a hardware issue since an external microphone works without any issue, but let me know what happens with each step of the document as that will help determine if it is a hardware issue or not.

Also, let me know the results of the steps in the Using Windows Sound Recorder to test the microphone section. If this recorded file also exhibits the same behavior, then it is definitely not any third party software causing the issue.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
You mentioned the microphone does not work properly.

What exactly about it is not working?

Please elaborate more on what the issue is.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank's for trying to help me. The issue with the microphone is  that the level does not stay as I set it up trough control panel. As soon as I try to talk to someone on Skype or Voip the level of the microphone goes to "0". Some time the people say they hear nothing but onli high-pitch noise. There is no problem if I use an externel microphon.

Kind regards!

George

HP Recommended
Try the steps listed in this document from HP. It has the most common solutions and steps to isolate the issue.

It is possibly a hardware issue since an external microphone works without any issue, but let me know what happens with each step of the document as that will help determine if it is a hardware issue or not.

Also, let me know the results of the steps in the Using Windows Sound Recorder to test the microphone section. If this recorded file also exhibits the same behavior, then it is definitely not any third party software causing the issue.
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi!

I'm very gratefull for your help. At last my microphon problem is solved. I've followed all the steps in the document and after all my mic is working perfectly all right.

George

HP Recommended

Hei. I saw this comment in a post above ... Some time the people say they hear nothing but only high-pitch noise.

I cannot use my inbuilt mics since all I can generate is a constant loud hiss ssssss. Any recorded voice is very very faint. I have conducted all the tests that I can find without any success and carefully checked all the settings including Beats.

I use HP Laptop Dv6 6071 with W7 64-bit/i7-2630QM CPU/8192MB RAM/Radeon HD 6770M so it has a good spec.

Note that the IDT driver version 6.10.6345.0 is current and stated to be working correctly.

I can use USB connected mics without problem.

Would really appreciate expert advice

Thanks Ron

HP Recommended
Glad the document helped.

Thanks for letting the community know what resolved the issue for you.
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi Ron!

Follow the steps in this  document and Ihope your mic will be fine.

Best of all!

Gdn42

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I already have been through all these with no success! Out of interest, the mic green bars are at 100% all the time ... I guess its the hiss sss causing this. 

Note that I wrongly added this post into this ' solved' thread ... I have a new thread ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-PC-Sound-and-Audio-e-g/Laptop-microphones-not-working-properly...

If you have further ideas please use this new thread.

Thanks Ron

HP Recommended

I have had my HP laptop since November of 2012 and have never had a problem, but here recently I have been trying to skype with a friend and it says connect microphone. I havewent to the sound settings tab, and it says no micro installed, I would really like to get this fixed, because I really like this laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.