Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

im having loud static and poping noise from my hp laptop when anything is playing video/music etc... how can i fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click Start->'Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback ->Select the entry that has Green Checj Over, click Properties. Click Advanced Tab above, unclick 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device',  click Apply/Ok.

1) Click Start=>Control Panel.
2. Double-Click on the ‘Sound’ Icon
3. Single-click the Speakers to highlight them on Play Tab
4. Click on Properties (bottom right corner)
5. Go to the Enhancements Tab and Click on it
6. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
7. Click OK/Apply.

Check if the issue has fixed.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

I'm having problem with my speakers which sound like static and have low sound.  The number on my tower is hp pavilion a710n.

HP Recommended

very helpful! thank you!

HP Recommended
my right speaker is making noise when playing songs
HP Recommended

@hp29,

I understand you’re stating that your right speaker makes a noise, is that correct? I will try to help you with this issue.

Does using a set of headphones also make that noise, if you haven't tried that give it a shot. 

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, If you are unsure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help if needed.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I am sick of this computer and I have only had the computer for 3 months and there is always something wrong.

Now I tried talking on Skype yesterday and there is static similar to the movie Space Odyssey.

I went into Sound choose Enhancement and follow the directions and the noise remains 

HP Recommended

Check to see if Your microphone has been enabled! disable microphone should solve problem. Need to check often to see if enabled, because I doubt it was enabled by anybody You know, but by laptop manufacture, software, or even updates!

HP Recommended

Hi

Iv been suffering from the same problem getting static noise whenever i play any sound through my laptop.  I tried the fix suggested in the sound options and it hasnt changed anything.  When i plug in external speakers the issue goes away.

HP Pavilion 15-au071sa 15.6" Laptop

HP Recommended

newagejaqk~ did You check to see if your mic is on? this will cause feedback through speakers! because it is picking up back ground nosiy! or you could have cracked speakers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.