cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
oviesgirl
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 1 of 22
Flag Post

Solved!

sound plays for a few seconds then goes out

HP Recommended
pavillian laptop 15z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have only had my brand new sent from china laptop a couple of weeks and suddenly yesterday the speaker started to go out. yes I have restarted it a couple of times and di the troubleshot and it says it detects nothing. im not computer savy and don't feel I should have to be with a brand new computer it should be working great 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oviesgirl
Author
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you so much. I just tested it and so far it seems to have fixed it! thank you for quick response and EASY help. if I can do it anyone can. thanks again

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
21 REPLIES 21
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,822 64,536 12,412 21,374
Message 2 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@oviesgirl 

I think I saw another post from you. I couldn't answer because I don't know what is your pavillian laptop 15z . Please use the following way to find out model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
oviesgirl
Author
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 3 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is it this  HP pavilion 15z-cw100  ?

oviesgirl
Author
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 4 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion 15z=cw100

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,822 64,536 12,412 21,374
Message 5 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@oviesgirl 

Looks like it is a CTO machine. Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/sp100144.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
oviesgirl
Author
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 6 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you so much. I just tested it and so far it seems to have fixed it! thank you for quick response and EASY help. if I can do it anyone can. thanks again

View solution in original post

HMSENIOR
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried what you recommended as I have the same issue, and this did not solve the problem for me. I only bought the computer 5 days ago! 

AndyRath
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 8 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same same problem (and only bought it a few days ago too) try the fix in this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-speakers-have-gone-very-quiet-even-at-full-volume-Th...

oviesgirl
Author
Level 1
6 5 1 0
Message 9 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

looks like my fix was short lived. got back online this evening and I can hardly hear youtube.. any other suggestions before I have to send this back. I wish I had gotten my mac that I originally was going to get.. 

Lachs
Level 4
69 68 8 10
Message 10 of 22
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This message was gone for some time ... see next

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation