Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Folio G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the setting about build-in-devices (Webcam, BT, WiFi,...) there is also a setting" Boost Converter". What is this and what do I might need it for?

More general asking: Is there a manual describing options in BIOS? Some are self-explaining, but others not.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to the Manual it does the following: "Draws power from the battery to give the CPU a momentary performance gain."

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

According to the Manual it does the following: "Draws power from the battery to give the CPU a momentary performance gain."

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
HP Recommended

The manual is older and doesn't fit completely to my (2016?) HP Folio G1. Some options are not available, others not mentioned.

Anyhow - I didn't find the manual / pdf that matches to that year. Can you help?

HP Recommended

HP did a nice job and try to keep the bios structure in place over the years so its mostly easy to find a setting in one bios if you know the other. Therefore they do not publish a documentation which cover only one device and only one timeframe and configuration. Because for example if the BT device inside one device isn´t present then the option do not appear in the bios. So a device can be ordered with or without a BT device. Should they offer two different manuals then only for the BIOS which is 99% the same for all there models they sell? By the way, the newest file which I have for the BIOS setup is this one here from 2015.

--------

P.S.
HP Recommended

I searched for this documents quite a while without success. How did you find that? Did you follow the website to an overview? Because (that is the bad thing with HP): the names of documents and drivers are completely free of information - just a number.

The one you linked is a year older than my device - but as you mentioned most of the settings keep the same. Maybe that is reason it is not listed as support document.

The trouble with my device is, that battery drain in standby and off is to high. USB/Thunderbold is always powered (except for 15s power button). Even if I disable USB charge.  So it is either a hardware or a BIOS issue....

(https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/WARNING-critical-BIOS-BUG-can-damage-your-battery/t...)

That is the reason why I want to have a closer look to all the BIOS option (Deep Sleep, connected Standby ....)

HP Recommended

I normally use google for everything. The same goes for searching the drivers side for the HP Products I maintain (and that are multiple ones)...

However a good start is the product page here. There a a lot of useful information (and I normally get such documents from there, however the latest PDF is from my bookmarks, not sure where i found that). Important is often then "Bulletins and Notices" which contains driver updates and such on, if you do not use the HP Support assistant.

Regarding your issue, I would say its normal as the batteries drain in standby. The PC needs to have some sections still powered on, so that it can jump directly into the environment. So its never fully off. But the required power should be very less. But yes its not the same as compared to fully off.

P.S.

You can also try to disable the "Wake on LAN" option via BOS, which should help to save some power if you do not need that feature.

--------

P.S.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.