Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n255sb
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Last week the fuses in my bedroom suddenly blew. At the same time I heard a loud crack and the smell of burning and smoke. Nothing was on fire so I thought it was something in the wall. I checked the fuses, turned them all back on and everything was fine. I went back to my computer, finished with it and turned it to sleep mode. When I woke up the next day it wouldn't turn on again. 

Everytime I press the power button I see the light by the plug flash 3 times. I've looked this up and tried removing the battery, draining it of electricity... I've tried everything but I only get those 3 flashes. Have I maybe broken the charger and has my laptop drained of electricity? I can't think of anything else, but that the burning smell might have been from the charger. Can I check this somehow? Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.

You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.

You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you very much for this. The link helped me find the problem, which was that the AC charger was broken. I have since ordered a new one and my laptop is back and working again!! 

Thank you! 

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !!

Did my reply resolve your post or question?

If yes, then share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution.
You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

For any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.