Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i tried to update bios but failed then black screen :|(

can some help reslove this problem ...

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi! @AymanPT, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you get a black screen after the BIOS update on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Are you able to boot into BIOS?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you get a black screen after the BIOS update on your PC.

Try few steps recommended below.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. See Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎 and Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) for more information.

After the reset try the steps recommended below.

Turn off the notebook.
Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time.
   NOTE:
On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key and the V key.
While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.
If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.
If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.
If your notebook starts Windows, update the BIOS to the latest version using the standard BIOS update procedure. For more information about updating your notebook BIOS, go to Updating the BIOS (Notebooks).
Click Continue Startup to prompt the notebook to restart immediately, or allow the notebook to restart automatically when the timer reaches zero.
After the notebook restarts, press Enter to continue.
   NOTE:
If the notebook repeatedly displays a message that the BIOS has been recovered, go to HP BIOS Application Selected is Corrupt or Missing for troubleshooting steps.
After Windows starts, if a message displays stating that the notebook was improperly shut down or that a boot problem was detected, follow the on-screen instructions.
You can now to enter the BIOS menu or start the Windows operating system.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot BIOS issues.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hello sir 

thanks for answer me 

i have tried the frist 2 steps  but nothing worked with me 

the 3rd one in fact i dont know how to make recovery bios flash 

my product nump is : LK968EA#ABV 

HP Recommended

@AymanPT, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Are you able to boot into BIOS on your PC?

If you are able to boot into BIOS try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it works.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the issue still persists refer the video instructions from HP support on how to create a BIOS USB recovery. 

Click here to watch the video instructions.

Download the BIOS for your PC using this link.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please contact HP Support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Please mark this post as an accepted solution for the efforts I have put into this in assisting you.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

again thanks sir for follow up my clue i have tried all these instruction but screen is black even press F10 nothing pop up

and about creat flash recovery im not sure how to do that while my screen is black and show nothing

i hope to find sultion very soon for this clue .

warm regards

HP Recommended

@AymanPT, Thanks for your quick response and time again.

As you mentioned when you access BIOS on your PC you are getting a black screen on your PC.

And you cannot create a USB recovery on your PC. You have to download the BIOS on a working PC and create a USB BIOS recovery.

Once after creating the USB recovery kit, you can connect back to the non-working PC and recover the BIOS.

If you still have issues booting into your PC.

It is a hardware issue with your PC. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I appreciate your help sir
But before trying these steps ...where i can find recovery bios flash. ..i tried the one on hp drivers list but same the vedio

One more question

During make recovery for bois with usb should i have same HP brand or and any anther can do this

Last question

Does bios update failed can cause hardware issue?

Because its failure while update bios

Good day
HP Recommended

@AymanPT, Thanks for your quick response and time.

To answer your queries you can download the BIOS for your PC using this link.

And you need not use an HP PC to create a USB recovery.

Yes, the BIOS update can fail if the BIOS update was incomplete or corrupted.

You can create a USB referring the video from my previous thread.

If the issue still persists, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sir, I am also facing similar problem.

My laptop's  model number is - Bx-576tx

I have tried all the methods but it didn't work

HP Recommended

@Yuvraj_Gupta7

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I understand you are in need of support. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.