Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi again,

Previously you had two problems:

• DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) which was caused by the wireless card driver
  • DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) which was also caused by the wireless card driver

This time it's not the same problem.

STOP code is the same, but it was caused by some other driver.

Please type in your next post notebook product number (p/n) and add information which BIOS version is currently installed on this model (press key combination fn + Esc in desktop mode or restart system and on the startup repeatedly press the F10 key to run BIOS).

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

Requested info as follow:

Product number: C8C59PA#AB4

BIOS (Configuration): F.06 - 12/14/2012 ( 0882100400305C00000320100 )

Rgds,

Hendra

HP Recommended

We will update the BIOS first to the latest version.

It's available here.

Please check the below link.

It will give you knowledge about the risk and information about the procedure which needs to be performed:

Updating the BIOS

Warning! Do not shut down or remove external power from your computer during the process.

When you will do above step and the system will boot again, install the latest HP Support Assistant software from here.

Use this tool to update all drivers to the latest version (if it will not detect any updates do not worry, just let me know about it).

Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎

Note:

If this tool will inform you that there is a newer version of BIOS, do not allow it to install this package, because at that stage you already have the latest version.

Check the results for few days.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Ok, I've updated the BIOS to F.12, 8/5/2013.

Will monitor again in the next few days. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

Been a week and no more BSOD 🙂

There were freezes sometimes, but I'm guessing that was because I was opening lots of new tabs in chrome while surfing web. There's no minidump either, so not sure if there's anything that can be analysed. But on normal moderate use, all is good now. Thanks.

Rgds,

Hendra

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've been getting the BSOD repeatedly over the past few days. I have followed the above instructions - could you please look at my Minidump Files and advise me?

Link for Minidump Files - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ss6drsyq29n4pgs/Minidump.7z

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 and am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks,

Laura

P.S. I took a photo of the BSOD : 

BSOD.jpg

HP Recommended

@hendra

You're welcome. I'm glad that your problem is finally solved.

HP Recommended

@Laura_Espinosa

Hi,

Please type in your next post notebook product number (p/n), add information which system are you using on this model and it would be good to know where you bought it (country).

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, Daniel.

My Product Number is LH597UA#ABA.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

The laptop is from the United States.

HP Recommended

@Laura_Espinosa

Note:

It is recommended that you uninstall always first previous versions of the driver before installing the newest version, so uninstall first current Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Host Controller driver.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7
Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

When you will do this, download and install Fresco Logic USB 3.0 Host Controller driver from here.

Restart system. Check the results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.