Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 1040G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have looked at some of the other posts regarding this issue but they weren't helpful and tried a hat with HP Support but that was pretty useless. I unknowingly created a problem on my new laptop by using EaseUS Partition Master to create a new partition which converted the Disk to Dynamic.I only mention this as it may be relevant to the current problem.

Now I can't create a recovery USB and can't image the Disk. I did make a Windows backup with the System Backup. Currently I am trying to boot from a USB drive that contains Hirens Boot environment. I tried this UB in my Dell and that will boot into the Hiren environment. Anyway I went into the BIOS, Legacy, and set the Boot order to Boot from USB first but the computer will not. :indifferent:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I had started that procedure but get a msg that says some errors were found on the partitins and continueing might effect the ability to boot or I might lose some information or files, I don't remember specifically. That is part of the reason that I am trying to boot from USB so that I might be able to image the disc from a Live Win or Linux and perhas repair the partitions from there

HP Recommended

Problem partially solved. I attempted to explore the USB drive and it didn't show up in explorer, so I tried it inthe port on the other side of the laptop and bang it worked. So the remaining question is why this drive isn't recognized in 1 port, which does recognize other drives.

HP Recommended

Well now the USB in question works on both ports, bleeping computers!

HP Recommended

Hi

Good news.

I have 1 usb v3 and 2 usb v2 ports and they are not all created equal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.