Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do change the boot order to boot from a CD ProBook 470 G4.  I need to change the boot order to restore using Macrium Reflect.  I only have basic knowlege re BIOS etc. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

BIOS setup manual is here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05378429

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F9 Boot Options is  choice. Tap F9 and then use the arrow key to move to select/highlight CD/DVD. Tap enter key.

HP Recommended

Chryeryl

Thanks, but my BIOS are not set out like that.  It was on my old laptop but not on this one.  The boot order is in list form with a tick in them. A bit like:

tick Hard Drive

tick CD Rom

(I have not got key with a tick sorry)

HP Recommended

PS I think it is having to do with UEFI

HP Recommended

BIOS setup manual is here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05378429

HP Recommended

Thanks Cheryl, I am still getting my head round it! But the answer is there, when i work it out exactly what to do1

HP Recommended

Am I supposed to have Ssecure  Bboot checked or not?

Clear Secure Boot Keys -  One Time Action  -Unchecked  

When checked, clears the Secure Boot keys one time on next save and exit. This setting will be unchecked again when you return from the exit. This action is not available with Legacy Support enabled or when no keys are present, possibly from a previous clear command. 2014 Notebook: Advanced -> Boot Options -> Clear Secure Boot Keys 2014 Desktop:  Security -> Secure Boot Configuration -> Clear Secure Boot Keys -> Key Ownership: HP Keys

Reset Secure Boot Keys to Factory Defaults - One Time Action  - Unchecked 

When checked, restores secure boot keys to factory defaults one time on next save and exit. This setting will be unchecked again when you return from the exit. 2014 Notebook: Advanced -> Boot Options -> User Mode -> HP Factory Keys

HP Recommended

@RonBarker

If you are trying to boot from a cd/dvd you may need Secure boot unchecked and Legact enabled. Usually booting from a usb flash drive works without unchecking Secure boot - but not always.

HP Recommended

@IT_WinSec may be able to offer more help.

HP Recommended

Thanks Cheryl thanks.  They do not make it easy.   From my understanding of the BIOS on my computer all I need to do is uncheck - Fast Boot and it should boot from a CD.  That is what I am hoping?

Checked - Fast boot

Checked - CD-Rom Boot

There are other choice that do not appear to need attention!

Secure Boot Management
Unchecked - Importt Custom Secure Boot Keys
Unchecked -  Clear Secure Boot \keys
Unchecked -  Reset Secure Boot Keys

Checked - Enable MS UEFI CA Key

Requires BIOS adminitrator Password to be configured and Secure Boot to be enabled

Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable (This is selected not suere if this is bad English and should read - Legacy Support Enabled and Secure Boot Disabled?)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.