Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy ultrabook 4-1101SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During the boot-up sequence, when displaying hp flash screen the laptop hangs until you hit enter/space bar. 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Snl1

I'll be glad to assist you with this issue, to provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Meanwhile, I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also, ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Restart your PC.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Raj1788 Many thanks.

Just to give you a bit of back ground and this laptop was not used that frequently.

The boot\bcd file used to get corrupted and I had to take some corrective measures so that it could detect my C: drive back again. This has happened few times. I think this problem appeared when it happened last time.

There are few things to note :

Initially when I bought this laptop I had window 8 and currently it is on windows 10. And I have not picked up some of the software updates.

I did re-install the support assistant from the support link. The icon show action display recommended action needed but there are no actionable items inside.

The windows update is up-to-date and looks ok.

The only thing that I have not done is that there were quite a few driver updates/BIOS update for wind 8.0/8.1 which was not picked up. And currently it is on Win 10.

HP Recommended

@Snl1

Try updating the BIOS manually using the below link: 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-ultrabook-4-1100/5296027/model/5305950

If the issue persists, Run a System test from the UEFI menu.

1. Turn on the computer.

2. Immediately press the f2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI menu opens.

When the UEFI menu opens, select the diagnostic test you want to run, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep me posted on the test result.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Raj1788

Thanks for your quick reply. I will do the below steps and revert back to you.

Have a nice day,

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Raj1788

Just a quick one

The BIOS update in the below link is available for window 8.0 and currently I am on window 10 home, would it work?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

@Snl1

I would suggest you Run a System test from the UEFI menu.

Let me know the test results.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

The  system extensive check  passed . Please find the below details

Processor check : passed

Memory extensive check : passed ( Tested 7.8 gb)

Hard drive SMART check : passed

Hard drive short DST check : passed

Hard drive optimised DST check : Not available

Hard drive long DST check : passed

Battery check : Primary - OK(0)

wireless module check : passed

system board check : passed

video memory check : passed

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Can you please let me know?

HP Recommended

Any update for me please ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.