Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to reset an HP Envy X2 using the Windows 10 reset utility.  At one point, during the process, the message on the screen was to Continue to Startup, Troubleshoot  or Reset this pc.  It had been an hour or so since I started the reset and I had seen messages stating that the reset was underway.  I selected Continue to Restart.  Upondoing so, the pc screen went black and then came up with "A configuration change has been requested to cleaer thei scomputer TPM. Warning.......Press Vol_down to reject or Vol_up to accept.  No matter what  I do, it does not move off of this screen.   I can shutdown and restart and get the BIOS (UEFI) screen but I'm not sure what to do there.  

Windows 8 was the  original factory OS and it was upgraded to Win 10 in 2015.  Again, this is a 32 bit architecture CPU and OS.

I would appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Charlie_Balogh

Try pressing/holding the Fn key in addition to Volume Up or Volume Down button. Fn key is next to ctrl and Windows button

If you start your computer now, does it still prompts you for the TPM change ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Charlie_Balogh

Try pressing/holding the Fn key in addition to Volume Up or Volume Down button. Fn key is next to ctrl and Windows button

If you start your computer now, does it still prompts you for the TPM change ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I did not even think to use the Fn key with the Volume buttons.  

No, once I was able to respond to the TPM message using the Volume keys on the back of the cover, the pc booted and I never got a prompt again.  

FWIIW, I disabled the Secure Boot and  Bitlocker on this device.  Although it has value to some users, there is  absolutely noting on this pc that  would be sensitive.

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.