Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Im having this issue for the past few days.

As i turn on the ntb the fan goes only moderate (not the usual full blow for few seconds), the screen shows nothing, and the led flashes on/off.

However when restart it (with the start button )boots up and  it runs normaly (at last till now).

To make sure its not a SW error i reinstalled my XP.

Also here was one issue, the installation went good through the coping, preparing, quick formating, but as it got to the windows instaltion screen it shut down after a while.

After that i let the ntb cool down and disconnected the AC,  put in a cooler spot  turned it on again and thankfully the instalation continued to the end on the battery.

The same problem showed also when waking from stand by also ntb on AC.

So if anyone has an  idea what it may be caused by?

Thanks for ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI,

@Ancor wrote:

As i turn on the ntb the fan goes only moderate (not the usual full blow for few seconds), the screen shows nothing, and the led flashes on/off.

However when restart it (with the start button )boots up and  it runs normaly (at last till now).

Also here was one issue, the installation went good through the coping, preparing, quick formating, but as it got to the windows instaltion screen it shut down after a while.

After that i let the ntb cool down and disconnected the AC,  put in a cooler spot  turned it on again and thankfully the instalation continued to the end on the battery.

Thanks for ideas.

That sounds more like the BIOS ROM file going south.

I suggest that you update the BIOS to the current version. Don't forget that you will have to set the time/date afterwards.

Here is a link to your 6735s notebook's support page

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

HI,

@Ancor wrote:

Thanks for ideas.

That sounds more like the BIOS ROM file going south.

I suggest that you update the BIOS to the current version. Don't forget that you will have to set the time/date afterwards.

Here is a link to your 6735s notebook's support page

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks, gonna bookmark the page and wait on for an update.

Will try itin the nearer time,hopefully, to look for an bios update (havent done any bios update  yet, wasnt necessary in the 2,5 years i have it, so if theres a manual somewhere i would be thankful for a link.)

With the shutting down, well yeah as long a i use it for common applications (office,web) its not a problem.

The booting is a mysterium. Looks like booting on  the battery works on the first try, till now it worked, so till the battery doesnt die its usable-start on battery, then plug in the A/C

Only a small question can something similar be casued also by low powering (mallfunctioning adapter)?

HP Recommended

HI,

@Ancor wrote:

Thanks, gonna bookmark the page and wait on for an update.

Will try itin the nearer time,hopefully, to look for an bios update (havent done any bios update  yet, wasnt necessary in the 2,5 years i have it, so if theres a manual somewhere i would be thankful for a link.)

With the shutting down, well yeah as long a i use it for common applications (office,web) its not a problem.

The booting is a mysterium. Looks like booting on  the battery works on the first try, till now it worked, so till the battery doesnt die its usable-start on battery, then plug in the A/C

Only a small question can something similar be casued also by low powering (mallfunctioning adapter)?

Here is the link to the drivers page for the 6735s. What makes you think the adapter is malfunctioning? 

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Only thought about it because it looks like that it messes up only on AC ,  while unpluged and on battery it always went without (till now 4-5 times started on battery ) and no problem.

About the flash is it this one  it link?

The describtion says that it is a normal executive so just run it or are there any other changes needed?

Also you mentioned the time/ date do i need to set it  after that in Bios or only in WinXP because the bios is a bit reduced on those maschines?

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Ancor wrote:

Only thought about it because it looks like that it messes up only on AC ,  while unpluged and on battery it always went without (till now 4-5 times started on battery ) and no problem.

About the flash is it this one  it link?

The describtion says that it is a normal executive so just run it or are there any other changes needed?

Also you mentioned the time/ date do i need to set it  after that in Bios or only in WinXP because the bios is a bit reduced on those maschines?

That is the update. Just download it and run it. You will have to set the time/date in BIOS after you have updated. That is a requirement after a  BIOS update in every notebook and PC. That is how you set the system clock .

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

So just made the flash, the system booted after few min, writing from the ntb so hopefully it went as it should and is okay.

I accept the solution (the time will show,  if it worked or something diff. went/ is going  to heaven- some HW).

Also restarted, used F10 to get to Bios settings, however the date was accurate so it wasnt necessary to change, why have no idea maybe overtaken from the XP ,the partition of the bios wasnt necessary to update or  the setting got saved.

Its just funny that it worked 2 1/3 years OK and now start to pis ????. Hopefuly it was only this and no HW is seriously damaged.  If it were it, it  wouldnt load neighter before nor after the flash. Or am I mistaken?

HP Recommended

Hi, I run the F.20 update 3-4 times, every time succesful, every time boot is slow, caps lock blinks about a minute, several series of 2 blinks, what should I do???

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've just found that new F.21 BIOS is available using HP SoftPaq Download Manager.

It fixes the two blinks LED error code.

Enjoy

HP Recommended

Thank you Kampez... problem solved... it works like a new 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.