Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP DV6129US
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP DV6129US Notebook which works fine except for one issue. After powering up the  notebook i get a motherboard splash screen "HP INVENT INTEL PHOENIX" appearing on the screen which stays for 30 secs and then starts to boot. I need to reduce that time duration to 5 secs.
There is no advanced tab in the bios page. Kindly provide a solution.
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Barry11951 Here's what you need to do, to reduce the boot time:

In Windows, type msconfig into Search, and then select System Configuration from the search results in Windows 10, 

Enter the Boot tab its used to change the way Windows starts. The option in the boot tab show configuration options listed inside the system information file. Some options in the Boot tab are:

• Timeout field - Change it to 5 seconds instead of 30.

Figure : Boot tab

Boot tab

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I had already tried your suggestion earlier but it didn’t work.

I don’t need to reduce the boot time , it’s the time before the booting begins when the screen displays’ HP INVENT’ upon switching on the laptop.

HP Recommended

@Barry11951 I suggest you Perform a hard reset

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components.

Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a Hard Reset.

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your laptop is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power charger from the computer, and remove the battery.

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply (power adapter).

Press the power button to turn on your laptop.

Then put your battery back.

for more details: Click here

After you have completed these steps, if the computer startup issue is resolved, go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7), and then go to HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows) to update all device drivers & the BIOS

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, did the hard reset but problem not resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi

Is there some method (key combination) that will unlock  the bios page so that i could alter the parameters? Like in the earlier desktop pcs there was an advanced tab where various parameters could be altered. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Barry11951 I'm afraid there's no way to access the advanced tab of BIOS as it's been locked to ensure changes that may render the device unstable aren't changed by users, if you wish to unlock bios as such knowing the risks, you may want to check with a local tech at your own discretion as HP neither supports nor recommends the same.

That said, did you try the BIOS update? 

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply. There is no bios update. Also i feel HP is infringing on the customer's rights by blocking the bios for whatever reasons they may have.

All HP needs to do is to give the customer the option of changing whatever parameters of the bios the customer needs to, with strong disclaimer in place.

As the customer has paid for for the product he needs to know all the features attached to that product which i think is fair enough.

Anyway i know there will never be any solution from HP for the problem i am facing so i won't bother to post anymore.

My apologies for wasting your time.

Adois

HP Recommended

@Barry11951 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.