Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I got it into safe mode and tried loading the graphics driver but it failed to complete. It said drive was locked. Is there anything else I can do?
HP Recommended

Hi arrogantoreo,

There is something else going on with your computer. I have included a document about Windows 8 not starting properly. Do down to Step 5: Run the Hardware Diagnostic. That will show you how to run the test to see if there is a hardware issue. After that try Step 6 where Windows will try to fix itself and then try Step 8. You can skip Step 7 because it requires the recovery discs. Let me know how it goes.

Computer Does not Start Windows 8:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03561456

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

G50-133US laptop has stopped booting into windows vists 64bit after cloning and installing a new hard drive.

HP Recommended

Hi azracer2,

Welcome to the HP Forums! Does anything show up on the screen at all? Do you hear the fans and/or the hard drive turn on? Have you double checked all your connections on the new hard drive?  Do you have two hard drive installed now or just the cloned one?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi NPC23,

You actually need to go to the Add a Bluetooth Device section you were looking at Adding the Bluetooth icon to the notification area. In your screen shot it says “change bluetooth setting” from the list, so there is bluetooth settings. So follow the Adding the Bluetooth section and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi, I have a much same problem as the first mentioned in the thread. Only difference is mine keeps on leading to BLUE SCREENS which lasts for a few seconds then restarts the notebook and lead again to the BLUE SCREEN. It goes on and on. What should I do.
HP Recommended

Hello,

About 3 weeks ago my just over a year new laptop took a fall onto the carpet from 4 feet above... my screen was cracked so I ordered a new one and put it in yesterday. Now, I am having problems as the first original poster was having. I start up my laptop, the HP logo with a timer circle is spinning below it, then it says " 😞 your Pc ran into a problem and needs to restart", it restarts and then it says" Recovery- Your PC couldn't start properly. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error Code: 0xc0000185. With a bunch of other stuff written below it.. I have tried all the prompts possible. I did do a HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTIC UEFI test, both the short and long one. It says FAILED Failure ID: GLXS3H-6MF76S-MFPWWJ-60S603 with the product ID: C5E40UA#ABA then right below that it says HARD DRIVE 1.

My lap top will not go into the windows screen now at all. I am guessing the fall my lap top took did some damage to the hard drive and that is the internal problem now. I did look at a video on how to take the hard drive out and I did unplug, remove batter, and take it out and took the controller board off, check to make sure nothing was lose or broken, and put back together and reinserted it into my laptop and I am still having the same loop as above come on.

INFO about my laptop:

-HP Pavilion G7-2247us Notebook 17.3"

-Windows 8

-750 GB Hard Drive

If you need any other information let me know and I will send it your way. I appreciate any help you give in advance.

🙂 Thank you,

Rachel H.

Washington State

HP Recommended

my computer connected to the internet but it wont play music or i cant get online

HP Recommended

i cant find where you click "select repair your computer" 

HP Recommended
Just bought an hp laptop a week ago. Was using it yesterday and I disabled youcam I believe it was because I didn't see the point in having programs running in the back I wasn't using. The screen went black and all I can see is the mouse cursor. I've reset the computer and it shows hp and login spot but as soon as I put in my pw and hit enter instead of going to desktop screen it just goes black And will allow visual of mouse icon or I can pull up task manager with (control,alt,delete) I enabled you cam from task manager but shows 0 running programs and still black screen showing the mouse cursor. How can I fix
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.