Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook [Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Notebook was purchased in Nov. 2018 so warranty is barely out.  It shuts down and won't turn backed on.  Have had the bios restarted by a professional computer technician 3 times, each time paid a fee.  He now says it needs a new motherboard and in his opinion, I should buy a new computer because the repair would be costly.  This computer is used very little and I can't believe I will have to junk it or pay a high price for repair.  Any suggestions?  I've never had an HP before, so is it worth fixing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@daradean 

He's correct about the cost of replacing a motherboard -- in that it can easily cost as much as simply replacing the laptop.

We can't tell you if that is the issue because we have no way to access or diagnose your laptop from here.

I don't know what you mean by having the BIOS "restarted".  You would have to explain what that means if you want our comments on that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.