Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I have a weird issue with my HP Omen, when starting it, it sometimes goes to black screen and won't start, but before that there is colour pixels on the screen and after that black screen. It might be graphic card/driver issue. I have updated Bios and all Nvidia drivers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I tried everything people have been suggesting but those didn't help. Nvidia updated their drivers just day or two ago and I installed those and it seems to work now. I'll keep using it and see if it does it again.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try to enter Safe mode and see if you can boot into Windows?

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Yes I can enter to Safe mode and it does boot to windows usually normal way too, but sometimes it does this. 

HP Recommended

Boot into safe mode, uninstall NVIDIA drivers,

Reinstall factory set graphic driver using HP recovery manager, see this: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04762483

Please do not update NVIDIA drivers.

HP Recommended

I'm also suffering from this problem; it started today.

I will write here if driver removal helps; though new driver is already available so it may also help.

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing this issue. I tried reinstalling all drivers but nothing changed.

HP Recommended

Hi@Meracus

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you the computer is not booting to windows sometimes.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I recommend you to update the bios and the chipset drivers for your computer and check.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried everything people have been suggesting but those didn't help. Nvidia updated their drivers just day or two ago and I installed those and it seems to work now. I'll keep using it and see if it does it again.

HP Recommended

New drivers also helped in my case.

HP Recommended

I was having the same issue and I was worried that I got a faulty machine. Today I updated the Nividia driver too which is supposed to fix the issue since the driver's change log lists this as one of the fixes:

Nividia Graphic Driver Version 382.05:
  • System may hang at a black screen upon cold boot up. [1913854]

I hope this update will indeed put an end to this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.