Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my laptop. The model is G6-2240sa. I have done a hard reset as advised above. The screen says "preparing automatic repair", then goes to the black screen with the cursor. It has tried to repair the C drive but gets stuck at 40%. I have tried to test the hard disk from the bios but there is no "tools" or "system diagnostics" tab and I can't find anywhere to do it from. Please could you advise? Thanks.

HP Recommended

Any answer for this?

HP Recommended
Hello everybody.i have hp g series laptop , the problem is this that it's not picking up the hardisk . And when I take out the hardisk n power it up it says that no hardisk but after I plugged hardisk it becomes hang n even the keys don't work for f1 or to go in boot menu .n only the hp screen comes n after that it don't continue .
I really want any body will help me plz
Thank you very much I really need your help .
HP Recommended

hey, ive got a simalar problem. A while ago i got the screen replaced and it worked for a while, but after a month or so it started to shut off when i moved it or adjusted it. Now when ever i try to turn it on the buttons will light up and the caps lock button will flash but no screen. 

it is a hp pavilion g6, i dont know the model number because the sreen wont turn on.

please help 

HP Recommended
Hi, my laptop won't start up at all. It's saying

" Boot device not found "
It's asking me to install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3FO)

Then it says F2 system diagnostics. I don't have my disks anymore. I must have lost them. How can you help me out with this dilemma ? Please !
HP Recommended
I did a system reset and now all my laptop wants to do is have a black screen and every few seconds on the left bottom corner it asks me to press esc to go to startup menu but I have to hit the button before it pops up cause if not then there's a beeping noise
HP Recommended
I tried that and still black screen and the esc key words pop up every few seconds on the left bottom corner so now what
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.