Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I just bought this computer/tablet and have had it for 2 days. It started up right away and worked fine. Later in the day, I went to use it, I was able to sign on, but then the screen went black - still plugged in. The next day, it started up just fine and I was able to sign on and use the machine, but later in the day the same thing happened - able to sign on but got a black screen. Today, I have tried numerous times and was able to actually get a screen once and tried to troubleshoot on the HP website and my browser shut down and I have not been able use it since - still able to sign on but always get a black screen. I have shut down and restarted numerous times.

I really would like to be able to use this machine, but it doesn't appear too promising.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @RandiRushe ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RandiRushe ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I took the machine back and got it replaced. The new one works fine.

HP Recommended

HP.... I am having the same problem... i tried calling your support line and was put on hold and hung up on after going thru your long list of prompts.

Any way to fix this without returning this pos?

Just done...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.