Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f0000 RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

When plugged into outlet the battery will not charge pass 24% even though when you hoover over the battery icon on the bottom right it shows that is plugged in and charging. Attempted to run the built in diagnostic on the battery, but it said that the charge was too low to perform the test. The laptop works fine otherwise.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Latinoman59 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Please < calibrate > your battery ...

(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

- Click "Uninstall device"

- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification

ub6424_0-1663721680775.png

(2Shutdown notebook

(3) Disconnect charger

(4) Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(5) Connect charger and wait until battery is fully charged ( check LED indicator )

(6) Start notebook and log in to windows and wait a few minutes

(7) Shutdown notebook

(8) Test your <battery> Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests when Windows doesn't start>

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

9) Please report your results

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I performed all the steps you sent me, however, Step 5 did not complete, in other words, the battery never fully charged. I did went ahead and performed the HP PC Diagnostic (UEFI) on the battery and the AC Adapter and the results are below:

AC_Adapter_Test_Results.jpg

Battery_Test_Results.jpg

Apparently the AC Adapter that came with the device is not strong enough to charge the battery and power the device. While I waited for a reply from the community I did more research on the HP web sit and found out that the adapter that came with the laptop is not the correct one, it should have been a 135w adapter not the 90w that came with it.

Now i have to deal with the warranty people. 😡

Thanks for your help!! 😀

HP Recommended

Hello @Latinoman59 

@Latinoman59 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Thanks for your help!! 😀

You're welcome !

Battery and charger are not included in the standard warranty. Purchase genuine HP charger or equivalent replacement charger with the same specification ( Output Voltage / Ampere / Wattage )

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.