Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Help, please! I have had my notebook since Christmas and hadn't had any issues until today. I watched Netflix last night and closed the top, as I usually do, before bed, and when I woke up it wouldn't turn on. I tried to leave it plugged in to the charger and trying a couple of hours later, but no luck. There hasn't been any damage, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help is much appreciated!!
27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi! Some Times You Need To Do This

Unplug The Laptop

Take Out The Battery

Press The Power Button 15 Times And Then Hold It Down For 30Seconds

Put The Battery Back In The PC

Plug The PC Back In

And Try To Turn It On

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

HP Recommended
Thank you! Unfortunately, from what I've found online, the battery isn't removable. Any other tips?
HP Recommended

Okay Please Give Me The Model Number So I Can Get The Manuel On How To Do This

HP Recommended
Thank you very much! The model is RTL8723BE.
HP Recommended

Okay Looks Like To Take Out The Battery You Have To Apart The Entire PC

I' Am Going Look Online For Solution Please Stay Online I Will Get Back To You In About 5 To 10Min

HP Recommended

Hi! Okay Try This

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 😎

Good Luck!

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

HP Recommended
The manual said to remove the battery, which I don't think is possible without taking the entire computer apart. Am I missing something? Have tried several avenues?? Thanks again for your help!
HP Recommended

Your Are Right! Try This Please

Unplug The Laptop

Hold Down The Power Button For 30Seconds

Plug The PC Back In

And Try To Turn It On

Good Luck!

HP Recommended
Tried it twice, no luck. Thanks though!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.