Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I replaced my battery with a non-HP battery, so I'm getting a black screen on start-up with the "Non-HP battery" message (obviously this isn't a surprise). There is nothing wrong with my laptop and the battery has been working just fine. I have no intention of purchasing a HP battery.

How do I disable this message? 

Thank you!

20211117_222604.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Marcus-J 

Try / Consider

Update your Diagnostics software

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic Tools (UEFI)

Click / Open section "Diagnose PC Hardware Windows in Windows"

Download and install the latest Diagnostics

Partial Excerpt - at this writing:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows tool offers driver checks and updates on select components while also providing the ability to test the hardware components of your computer, quickly diagnoses hardware failures, streamlines support calls to HP, and can help avoid returns of working hardware. Supports Windows 10 and 11 Operating Systems.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows v1.8.0.0 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying but that did not resolve the issue. I installed the diagnostics tool and ran a check on the battery. It said the battery had no issues. When I restarted my PC, I received the same error message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.