Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-09-2022 07:12 PM - last edited on 06-10-2022 05:43 AM by Ric_ob
I turned on my laptop and was offered to install Windows 11. So I installed it, however now after more than 24 hours my laptop is still stuck on the black screen that says "Working on updates 91% Please keep your computer on. Your computer may restart a few times." I tried to do a hard shut down, but my computer would not let me turn it off. I let the battery die in hopes that would fix it. I tried alt ctrl delete and that didn't do anything. I don't know what else to do. Please help!
06-15-2022 09:31 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow the steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community