Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp-notebook-15-bs113dx

Went to start my laptop and it goes to blue screen 

when I try to run diagnostics it shows “ no hard drive found” Cannot reset to earlier date, nothing.

bought this new a little over s year ago and never hardly use it, probably has about 200 hours on it.

do I need to replace my hard drive?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @BobNoxious2000 

first you can try is Testing for Hardware Failures

if test passed, it is a problem with your OS and need reinstall the OS of your computer, you need to ask for tech support team for the OS of your computer, also you can try to get the Cloud Recovery Media Tool to restore your computer from the USB (16G USB)

Hope solve your doubts, if yest let me know it.

Thanks in advance!

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

Hello Alex921, 

yes, I have run all the tests I could and the hard drive test failed. Now when I start up it tells me, “ the SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure” and to back everything up. 

And it also tells me boot device not found please install operating system on your hard disk. 

I’m thinking it’s the hard drive. Is this a common issue on this model of laptop? The thing is fairly new.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @BobNoxious2000 

it seems as HDD is not working at all so... the only way to solve the problem is a repair, if your computer is under warranty you can contact tech support team to they help you to solve the issue

Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

Thanks Alex, I fixed with the help of someone in the community. Hard drive was fried even though the computer was only a year old. I replaced the hard drive and installed the operating system now it works better than new.... Never again. 

HP Recommended

I'm happy the issue was solved, as I  told you, the HDD was damage and the only way to solve it is replace it, great that your problem with the HDD was solved.

and not only happens with HP that after 1Y the device failed, it happens with another non-HP devices, I have a Pioneer headphones and before the warranty year finish it failed, also have an HP COMPAC Presario until this moment (11 years) the computer is working fine; slow... but works.

please mark this post as solution, I would appreciate so much thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.