Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1d21dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When my Pavilion g6-1d21dx was still pretty new, Windows 7 started hanging whenever I tried to resume from sleep or hibernation, and I couldn't get back to work until I held the power button down to force the machine to reboot.

Now I've done a clean install of Windows 10 32-bit, and everything is working well, except for--big surprise--resuming from sleep and hibernation. Windows 10 adds fast startup to the mix, which also doesn't work properly, presumably because it's a similar feature.

Has HP ever explained the cause of this problem, or provided a fix? The BIOS I have is F.49, but the newest BIOS showing on the product page is F.48. Maybe I need to roll back my BIOS? I've seen a post where someone talked about moving back to F.46 to fix a very similar if not identical problem on a different Pavilion g6 model. Anyway, is anyone familiar with this issue?

More details:

If fast startup is enabled, whenever the computer powers up I get a BSOD and a restart. Usually the error is unexpected_store_exception but I also got kernel_data_inpage_error a couple of times. The computer seems to go into sleep mode and hibernate mode successfully, but when I try to resume it spins its wheels for a little while and then just reboots, usually without an error message. For now, I have disabled fast startup and removed sleep and hibernate from my power options.

Thanks for any relevant information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution for me was to install the F.46 revision of the BIOS. I had F.49, and the newest version available on the support site is F.48. I don't know if there is a downside to this...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @diamante

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot resume from Sleep or Hibernate Mode with your HP Pavilion g6-1d21dx on Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

I would recommend to go through this guide, The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Hope this guide will help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

The solution for me was to install the F.46 revision of the BIOS. I had F.49, and the newest version available on the support site is F.48. I don't know if there is a downside to this...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.