Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-da1041tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

Product Name : HP Notebook 15-da1041tu

Product Specification: support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06244806

SSD Details: KINGSTON A2000 NVME 250 GB Laptop Internal Solid State Drive (SA2000M8/250G)

Link of the SSD I bought: https://www.flipkart.com/kingston-a2000-nvme-250-gb-laptop-internal-solid-state-drive-sa2000m8-250g/...

I'm unable to set my SSD drive as a primary boot drive as it is not showing in the boot menu.

On doing the test it is showing Long DST check: warning and Short DST check: warning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As I wrote earlier, you have to have a blank 2.5" hard drive to store your files on.

There can be no operating system, recovery drive, other partitions, nothing.

You cannot change the boot order in the BIOS.

When the 2.5" hard drive is blank, Windows should automatically boot from the SSD.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook supports NVMe SSD's. so that isn't the problem.

If you are getting those reports on the Kingston drive, then it is no good and needs to be replaced.

If you have an operating system on the 2.5" drive the PC will always boot from that drive first.

I suggest you do further troubleshooting of the NVMe SSD with the 2.5" drive temporarily disconnected.

See if you can install W10 on the Kingston drive, boot from it, and see if it works normally.

If it does, the problem lies with the 2.5" drive.

HP Recommended

I have installed W10 on SSD and it is working normally. But not showing in the boot menu to make it the primary booting drive.

HP Recommended

As I wrote earlier, you have to have a blank 2.5" hard drive to store your files on.

There can be no operating system, recovery drive, other partitions, nothing.

You cannot change the boot order in the BIOS.

When the 2.5" hard drive is blank, Windows should automatically boot from the SSD.

HP Recommended

were u able to fix it.  by keeping both ssd and hdd together.

HP Recommended

can I keep the 1 tb hdd(having os ) + nvme ssd ( want to make it boot os )together and will it able to boot into ssd by changing boot menu in bios  as per this page.

does it mean i need to format or at least clear the hdd from os files to see boot menu as ssd..

my requirement was:--

i wanted to 1st install the nvme ssd  with hdd already inside .then clone the hdd to ssd by acronis software. and then change the boot menu in bios to ssd. 

without removing or formatting hdd . is this not possible..

3rd query-  will installing a 8gb ram ddr4 2666 mhz in 2nd slot , decrease battery life , if so by how much , and will

it increase laptop heating by small amount  .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.