Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

mouse cursor is stuck on top left corner

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @saabrina,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the cursor is stuck on the top left corner. Did you use the touch pad or an external mouse? Was the screen a black screen? Or the laptop could start up normally, but when you used an application, the cursor could not move on the screen?

Also, please provide the prodcut number of your laptop.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Looking forward to your reply!

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello

Thank you for your reply

I am used Touchpad

Screen is not black screen

yes Lap top starts normally but than cursor goes to left top corner

Product number G6U22UA#ABA

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @saabrina,

Please try to uninstall the touchpad driver from Device Manager. And download this one: sp72142.exe. Reinstall the downloaded touchpad driver.

If the cursor cannot move, you may need a USB mouse to peform the reinstallation.

Let me know if it helps.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I had the same problem and I have the same laptop if you have a touchscreen on your pavilion try to close the page you were on while it happened. If you can't exit a page that has no taskbar while you are on it turn it off and turn it back on and then close that page.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with the mouse stuck in the upper left corner upon start up. I am using a USB mouse on an HP desktop computer. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.