Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hi my pavilion g4 keeps getting stuck on the welcome loading screen right after I put my password in. It was working fine just yesterday. Please help! (I have tried f11/f10, nothing happened)
HP Recommended

started doinghard disc check but only reached 7% then froze

HP Recommended
Hi
I have a new hp ENVY laptop and I had to delete all files and reinstall windows because of some issues.
The problem is while it was reinstalling I shut it down using the power button and when I tried to proceed the installing again it keeps saying something occured while installing, need to restart and I restart and still doing the same.
Is there any thing I can do?
Thanks!
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I see some new posts here with you each having an issue where the notebook is freezing and locking up.

Please before doing anything else, read over the entire thread to see if anyone has already posted a suggestion that could resolve your specific issue.

Next, I cannot say what's provided will help for each person. The issues more than likely differ and what will solve one, may not solve the other.

After you've read through the thread, start with the document that applies to your installed OS:

Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 😎
Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 7)

IF you've completed the document all the way to and past, Step 6: Updating the BIOS and Step 7: Recovering computer (steps 5/6 for those using Windows 8/8.1), then you'll want to contact support for possible replacement.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

it says no data

HP Recommended

i have HP pavilion dv6t 6c00   it freezes at the windows/logo screen. passed the hard drive test and the memory test.

some one had suggested it needs a mother board. if thats true why did my 1200$ computer only last 2 years and how much roughly does it cost to fix??

HP Recommended

Product # : g9d74ua#aba
Serial #: [Personal Information Removed]
My computer first detected an error so it froze on scanning and repairing I tried to restart it and it froze again what should I do

HP Recommended
Hi... My laptop is hp 655 it stucks every single time on startup screen... I tried (f11,f10,...)and it does not work.When it shows the actually screen and I click on chrome the icon desapears. Lots of restarts... Nothing. Please tell me what to do. ;D
HP Recommended
Oh and I don't have documents for it. I forgot them in my old country.
HP Recommended
I have the same problem, have you found any solutions?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.