Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No Login Prompt After Wake From Sleep/Hibernate

All is well if I Restart. 

If I Power On from Sleep/Hibernate it looks normal but if I press a key or mouse to get the login prompt the screen changes and shows the 3 icons in lower right - Wireless / Accessibility / Power but doesn't show login prompt. After 15 or 20 seconds the screen refreshes and starts all over again. The user icons to change the user do not show on lower left.

I have to Restart to be able to log in to Windows.

I was sure I went through the Windows 10 Creators Update but it says I have Windows 10 Version 1703.

I had an error 

Accelerometer St.exe System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll
was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I uninstalled the HP 3D Scan Software and am about to restart.

Thank you!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello @dannomon,

Open the Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features, right click the entry for the HP 3D DriveGuard, and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When you are at the Windows desktop, download and install this version of HP 3D DriveGuard at the link below, and restart the PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
GBL84, thank you! My real issue is No Login Prompt After Wake From Sleep/Hibernate
All is well if I Restart.
If I Power On from Sleep/Hibernate it looks normal but if I press a key or mouse to get the login prompt the screen changes and shows the 3 icons in lower right - Wireless / Accessibility / Power but doesn't show login prompt. After 15 or 20 seconds the screen refreshes and starts all over again. The user icons to change the user do not show on lower left.
I have to Restart to be able to log in to Windows.
I was sure I went through the Windows 10 Creators Update but it says I have Windows 10 Version 1703.
HP Recommended

I did reinstall the HP 3D DriveGuard but it had no affect on allowing me to login after waking from Sleep/Hibernate status.

If I restart I can get a login prompt.  There is no reason to even attempt a login from a Sleep/Hibernate because I will have to restart anyway...

Isn't there anyone else experiencing the same issue?

HP Recommended

I have an Envy 17 that has the same problem you have described. If it goes into sleep or hibernate it will not give the login screen I have to restart to get the opportunity. 

HP Recommended

Hello, @Phill02

Thanks for reaching out! I'd like to help 🙂

Did you check the steps listed above? 

Also, go to Control Panel - Power Options - Create a new power plan.

Now, go to the advanced settings and then make sure that the password is required from wake up.

Let me know how that goes!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I created a new power plan but I couldn't see anything in advanced settings about the password is required from wake up.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions. I created a new power plan and there is no option in the  the advanced settings to choose password is required from wake up. I had a look at a youtube video on this and they had the option on their screen in Power Options > System settings I don't get that. Also when I go to Advanced Settings and go through all the options there is not one about 'password is required from wake up'.

Even if I run a search on my laptop in 'Power Options' for 'password it required' I get 'no items match your search'

I have the latest version of Windows 10

HP Recommended
I had the same experience as Phill02
HP Recommended

Hi Dannomon

I have had the same problem as you and I have found a solution that suits my situation.

I clicked on 'Settings' then chose 'system' and at the top the 'system page' there is a search bar that says 'find a setting' I typed in 'sign-in options' which put me onto the 'Sign-in option' window. The first option on the right of the window says 'Require Sign-in' 'When you have been away when should windows require a sign in' I chose 'never'.

This allows me to sign in when turning on my laptop however I don't have to sign in after sleep or hibernation which is where the problem is.

If you are not worried about the extra security when you walk away from your computer this may work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.