Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc023cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help! the HP troubleshooting pages don't have any instructions on this notebook or the symptoms it is having.

The power LED lights up when the AC adapter is plugged in but it won't boot.  When I press the power button, the power button starts blinking and beeping (with the AC adapter plugged in and unplugged).  There is no other noise, like the laptop is booting. The screen remains off. 

This laptop does not have a removable battery.  I tried unplugging the AC adapter and pressing the power button for 15 seconds. That does not fix it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Grace736,

I am glad to know that the issue is resolved.

The reason why reseating memory works is that it resets the memory.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Grace736,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for responding to my post. the link you sent me did not have the blinking that my model laptop was doing. 

the power button was blinking and beeping

that was my frustration, that the auto chat kept taking me to a general page that didn't say anything about my laptop model.

if the engineers took the time to have a blink and beep sequence with the power button, there should be a place for me to look up what it means. 

I unscrewed the back panel and removed the battery to reset it. 

After that, the laptop still would not boot up but why I turned it on, it starting showing a caps lock blinking sequence that matched one from the page you provided.  it recommended that I remove the memory and reinstall it.  I did that and now it seems to be working. 

do you know why reinstalling the memory would fix it?  I'm concerned that I can't trust this laptop anymore.  

thanks!

HP Recommended

@Grace736,

I am glad to know that the issue is resolved.

The reason why reseating memory works is that it resets the memory.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.