Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My name is Garrett... Just bought a gaming computer, running Windows 10 on it. It states plugged in, not charging when I plug the charger into the laptop. I have no idea what to do or how to fix it. I got it yesterday (9/15/19). I haven't dropped it, misused it, or anything really. It just states that it isn't charging when plugged in. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GarrettT12

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Please let us know the Product details or the Model Number of your Computer.

Let's perform a power reset on your Computer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

If the issue persists, follow the steps below.

Test the AC adapter using the UEFI Hardware Diagnostic tests

If the computer starts and you would like to test the AC adapter, use the following steps:

1. Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.

2. Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.

3. Turn on the computer.

4. Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.

5. In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.

Figure : UEFI Main menu with Component Tests selected

UEFI Main menu with Component Tests selected
  6. In the Component Tests menu, select Power

Figure : UEFI Component Tests menu with Power selected

UEFI Component Tests menu with Power selected
  7. In the Power menu, select the AC Adapter test.

Figure : Power Tests menu with AC Adapter selected

Power Tests menu with AC Adapter selected
  8. Run the test and follow the onscreen instructions.

Figure : Running the AC Adapter Test

Running the AC Adapter Test
  9. When the test is finished, the results display.

Figure : Example of AC Adapter Test results

Example of AC Adapter Test results

If the test PASSED, there is no issue with the AC adapter. Do not replace it.

If the AC Adapter fails the test, write down the information/error and let us know the error.

Also, try out the remaining steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00259897

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.