Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SPECTRE X360 13-AE013DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like many of you, I have been getting the "System Fan (90B)" error message each time I turn on the laptop. I determined one of the fans was not working so I called HP support to order a new fan. After some discussion and finding my serial number, product number, etc., I was told that they could not sell me the fans because there were additional part that would need to be replaced (heat sinks, mylar gaskets, and others) and so I would need to return the laptop to a service center. I cannot be without the laptop as I use it daily for business. I looked up the part numbers for both the left and rign fan and I asked him to sell these specific parts to me. After more delays he finally agreed to sell them to me. Now here is the fun part...The fan cost is $39.50. That seems excessive to me for a small laptop fan. Especially when you consider how wide spread this problem is. HP obviously has a design issue and they should be replacing the fans at no charge in my opinion. But in addition to the cost of the fan, there was a $2.77 fee for tax and a $9.95 charge for shipping bringing the cost to $52.22! I decided to replace both fans at the same time but HP told me they could not combine the orders so in addition to having to provide my credit card number twice, I had to pay an additional $9.95 shipping charge!

Thank you HP for taking advantage of me with this rip off! BTW my laptop was 22 days out of warranty! My CSO numbers are :

CSO Number:

[edited]

and

CSO Number:

[edited]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JDefant

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.