Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14s-dr1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am currently using HP Laptop 14s-dr1xxx since 11 months and this issue is started in summer (Apr - May). We already have like 30 - 40 Celsius in the summer days. 

More Detail on the Issue:

1. This Random Sudden Black Screen happens with two variants.
  2. With No Backlight(In Display) - Happened in BIOS (as far as I remember)
  3. With Backlight - When using Windows 10 V21H1 (Latest Version)
  4. This problem can be happen at any time even when I was using System Full Extensive Test(Occurred while doing Memory Test) in the BIOS
  5. It will pause my songs/game music, If I press play button on keyboard nothing happens.
  6. Sometime only Backlight Keyboard Functionality work (described in the video) when this happens sometime caps lock too also work, apart from these any other key doesn't work at all
  7. After first Occurrence there is higher probability that this issue will show again within 5 minute of restarting the laptop by holding power button.
  8. During the Issue, it doesn't go to sleep mode when I shut the lid of the laptop 15 min or so.
  9. Possible solution is to hold the power button and restart the computer, this is I don't like doing it often.
  10. It can happen when it is on battery power or when it is connected to power cable

The Resolutions Done By the HP Support Servicemen:
  1. Applied Thermal Paste (to prevent overheating)
  2. Updated Graphics and other software Drivers and Window Updates are up to date including BIOS.
  3. HP BIOS Recovery to previous working BIOS

The Resolutions done By Me:

1. Uninstalled Unwanted Start up items.
  2. Re inserted RAM, as told here
  3. Run System Extensive Test 2 times and 1 time memory extensive test successfully, after doing step 2. no possible solution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fixed by Reinserting the Memory Module and upgrading the PC to 16GB ram.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Fixed by Reinserting the Memory Module and upgrading the PC to 16GB ram.

HP Recommended

Hi,

We're glad you managed to solve your problem 😉

Thank you for sharing how you solved it. This way, you will be helping other users that have the same question.

Thanks,

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.