Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre x350 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I recently bought a Spectre x350 15 and it's been working fine until now. Earlier today two red flashing lights turned on near my webcam and they won't turn off, even when I turn the laptop on and off and turn off Windows Hello. I'm not sure what board this question would go in, and I don't see any similar questions so it might be something obvious. The battery is full, so it can't be a low battery warning. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @braelyn3, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you see red lights flashing near the webcam on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try uninstalling the webcam drivers from device manager and reinstall the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @braelyn3, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you see red lights flashing near the webcam on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try uninstalling the webcam drivers from device manager and reinstall the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is also happening to me. The answer provided just over 6 months ago isn't helpful as there it nothing listed as  "webcam"  listed in the device manager. I can only assume that they mean the camera, which is different than a webcam.

Still I searched for a driver update via the web, it said the drivers were currently up to date. I was going to uninstall the camera driver, but even after looking at the linked article, I couldn't even begin to find anything about how to reinstall the drivers. It talks about how to install a device. Which again is NOT THE SAME THING!!! The camera is not listed as a device in "My Devices" through the Assistant. I am hesitant to uninstall something not listed. It is listed in the Device Manager on my computer.  Before I uninstall the camera drivers it'd be nice to know how to re-install them so I know what is needed.  Does the computer or "Assistant" just recognize the camera and know which drivers to look for? Who knows? Therefore there's really nothing helpful on this post.

If I go up a level and try and research under support it just tells me it can't find a suitable solution to my original problem or anything about re-installing a camera.

HP Support makes it seems like it can be very helpful in solving problems with your computer which sets unrealistic expectations. The Virtual Assistant is also a joke.

I've loved the Spectre 360 over the past 8 months, but good luck finding any help if anything goes wrong.

HP Recommended

Would you please tell us what these lights are for?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.