Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have a HP G62 Notebook PC with Windows 7 Home Premium 664-bit service pack 1. I bought it in 2011. A few months ago, the screen of my laptop started shaking occasionally. It starts shaking and then stops. I have noticed that it is generally worse when my laptop is warmer and also when it is unplugged. Also, when I adjust the angle of my laptop screen it often makes it stop temporarily. It is really annoying and there are times when I can't see anything on my screen becasue it is shaking so much. What is wrong and how can I fix this?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello adueck21,

I see you are having problems with the display on your computer, is that correct?

I would like to help with issue but I need some more information. Can you provide me with the model and product number? Here is a link showing you how to find that information.

Have you tried any troubleshooting for the issue yourself? If so what have you tried?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

My laptop is an HP G62 Notebook PC. The product number is XZ181UA#ABC. I've changed my screen resolution which seems to help a bit but not completely. I've also read on forums that cellphone frequencies can change it so I've tried moving my phone far away but that doesn't help. I've also ran a whole bunch of tests such as diagnostic, troubleshooting, but it can't find the problem either.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Intel HD graphics. If you haven't here are the steps to complete that process.

1. Click the Start Menu
  2. Type "Device" in the search box under all programs
  3. Select the "Device Manager"
  4. Click on "Display Adapters"
  5. Right click on the driver underneath display adapters
  6. Click uninstall and remove the driver
  7. Restart the computer

The driver will be installed automatically but if it is not you can download it here.

If this doesn't help I want you to boot into the BIOS and see if the screen shakes at all. This will determine if it is a hardware or software problem.

Here are the steps to get into the BIOS:

1. Turn on the computer
  2. Immediately start tapping the "F10" key
  3. This should take you to system setup BIOS

Stay in this mode for a few minutes and see if the screen shakes.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel HD graphics and the screen still shook. I went into the BIOS as you told me and it still shook.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply,

Since the screen is still shaking inside the BIOS the problem is most likely hardware related.

My next suggestion would be to try and connect an external display to the computer and determine if the screen shakes on the external display.

If it shakes on the external display the graphics card has a problem. If it doesn't shake on the external display the issue is with the LED display on the laptop.

Signature

HP Recommended

I connected it to an external display and it didn't shake on the external display when it did on the laptop screen. Would this problem be covered by warrenty at all?

HP Recommended

If there is no physical external damage to the screen (ex: Cracks) then it should be covered by warranty.

If you are under warranty I would definitely suggest contacting HP support to set up a repair.

Signature

HP Recommended

Hello!

I have the same problem on my HP Elitebook 8460p Windows 7 64bit with all drivers newer then  version 8.15.10.2559, for example with the latest recommended by HP 9.17.10.2867. I have resolved the shaking problem by installing driver 8.15.10.2559.

However, I still have a problem with video tearig during playback. How to resolve it?

Regards

HP Recommended

my hp screen shaking after 3/5 minutes dv6000t CTO Notebook Specs i need your help please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.