Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Linux

I was using Windows and Linux both as an operating system. Last time when I worked on laptop, I was using Linux. Today when I opened the laptop, screen is not showing and only caps lock button is blinking faster ( once every second). I tried using key press method by pressing windows button and B button, but that's not working.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dheeraj09

This seems to be a Hardware problem. Please contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hii.... yesterday, after various attempts of using press key option, laptop started. I updated the BIOS and also updated the window. It worked fine for full day. I shut down various times and whenever I on it, laptop was working fine without any problem. But today I opened it and now same problem is there. Again caps lock is blinking and press key method is not working. Is it really a hardware problem? Is mother board not working properly? Please help me, as I know mother boards are costly and it'll be huge loss for me.

HP Recommended

@Dheeraj09

If the issue persists after you have updated the BIOS, then you need to send the Notebook for repair because it would be a Hardware issue

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.