Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-db0025nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day, the notebook starts very slow, sometimes it takes even a minute. In fact I turn on the notebook I see the logo of the bios hp, after I see the progress wheel, then it goes to a black screen with the mouse cursor and after 2 seconds it goes to a black screen without the mouse cursor (The LCD screen is still on) and after 30 seconds or 1 minute, it goes to the login of windows 10 and the computer works normally. I tried everything, updated all the drivers (even the video card), checked the system status and all the hardware and tells me that everything works, but it always remains the problem of slow boot, could you help me? Thank you very much.

PS. However all this does even after formatting, I don't know maybe it depends on the video drivers or the ulps of amd since I have 2 amd video cards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Saverio469 

Your expectations of booting speed are unrealistic.  According to the published HP specs on your model, it has the slowest hard drive on the market.  So, it is going to take a LONG time to boot.  30 seconds, or so, is actually quite fast with that drive.

Reformattiing will not fix this issue as it has nothing to so with the Windows filesystem.  All you did by forcing that is guaranteeing that NOW, your laptop is going to get locked up for HOURS downloading and installing Windows Updates.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So if I change the disk to an SSD I should have less time and a much faster system? I hadn't done this yet just because I noticed that the black loading screen doesn't have the mouse arrow so I thought it was a video card problem. Could a Samsung 870qvo sata 3 ssd fit? Thanks so much for the support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.